It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: The Admiral as owner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
David Robinson, a pillar of a player with the San Antonio Spurs, will take on a new role with the team.

The former Spurs center said he has an ownership stake in the franchise, the San Antonio Express-News reported.

"All the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed," Robinson told the paper. "I think we're in."

Robinson bought a 1.88 percent share from former Spurs president and chief executive officer Jack Diller, the paper reported. The transaction did not require NBA approval because the stake was for less than 5 percent.

"I just want to learn what [being an owner] is about," Robinson told the Express-News. "I want to get a feel for how things work. After not playing last year, this sort of makes me feel part of the team again."

Peter Holt and his wife, Juliana, own the largest share at about 32 percent, the newspaper reported.

Robinson, who played all 14 of his NBA seasons with the Spurs, retired after the 2002-03 season and won two NBA titles. He is the team's all-time leader in scoring, rebounding and games played.

join