It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Debate in New Hampshire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Anyone else watch it? I saw it on c-span. I didn't look as though ABC could have aired the whole thing when they aired, I could be wrong. The whole thing was quite boring.Koppel got picked on, which was funny. Sharpton is always a hoot to watch. Kerry is dull. Dean seemed to do well, though he says the same thing everytime you see him on TV it seems. Clark is probably the brightest out of the bunch but lack charisma, imho. If Kucinich wasn't such a loon with nonsense ideas he's probably get more support. He probably did the best last night.

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
the nine stooges are just wasting the breath. itll be shrub in '04

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I agree, Krazy. It's a pathetic bunch.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
World citizens, I want you all to see this example of the American electorate. If nothing is exploding, no one is getting killed or beaten, then its boring. This is why George Bush is in office and Americans like him.

I watched the debates and I thought they were pretty good. Why? The candidates visciously attacked the media in the form of Ted Koppel and his inane questions as opposed to questions on the issues that are affecting America right now and I feel that was needed.

Kucinich brought out his plan to get us out of Iraq which is our new Vietnam and Dean talked about jobs. The only downpoint was the lousy questoins presented by Koppel et al. and they all let them know in no uncertain terms.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
World citizens, I want you all to see this example of the American electorate. If nothing is exploding, no one is getting killed or beaten, then its boring. This is why George Bush is in office and Americans like him.

I watched the debates and I thought they were pretty good. Why? The candidates visciously attacked the media in the form of Ted Koppel and his inane questions as opposed to questions on the issues that are affecting America right now and I feel that was needed.

Kucinich brought out his plan to get us out of Iraq which is our new Vietnam and Dean talked about jobs. The only downpoint was the lousy questoins presented by Koppel et al. and they all let them know in no uncertain terms.

You know, Rabbis were for Adolf Hitler when he was first appointed. The Orthodox Rabbis felt that Germany was shifting into a moral decay & wanted someone to set the morality of the country back on the right track.
Draw your own parallels, but it's a great example of how the ill informed grab hold of one piece of a persona and damn consideration of everything else. That's a pro-Bushie in a nutshell.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You know it, BT, and to put the icing on the cake, here's a bit form the Washington Post:

Kucinich pounced. "With all due respect to you, Ted Koppel, who I admire greatly -- "

"There's a zinger coming now," Koppel cracked.

Kucinich said that to kick off the debate by talking about endorsements "trivializes the issues that are before us."

Koppel then voiced his apparent disdain for Kucinich, Sharpton and Braun, asking whether they would eventually "drop out" or continue a "vanity candidacy."

Again, Kucinich punched back. "I want the American people to see where the media takes politics in this country," he declared to loud applause. Koppel had become one of the debaters, and he had just taken a hard right to the jaw. The candidates, many of them, were in open revolt against the moderator.
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
And, if I remember correctly, Colonel, Gephardt and Lieberman walked over to shake Kucinich's hand after that. I still don't think Dennis answered the question though. And, I think Dennis was trivializing Ted's question. If Dennis, Braun, and Sharpton can't answer such 'trivial' questions how are they going to get nominated in order to tackle 'the issues that are before us'? Cheap props!

"Big loser tonight: Koppel," said Kucinich spokesman Jeff Cohen
That's funny BUT Dennis, the mistake on the lake, Kucinich isn't running against Koppel.

This group says the same thing, over and over and over again. Koppel mixed it up - surely these guys have to face reality soon and drop out. If Kucinich, Braun, Sharpton, etc can't convince their supports they can't overcome the polls and money then why should anyone bother supporting them? Dennis has a plan for Iraq, sure, but he doesn't have a plan for overcoming his obvious obstacles.

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
And, if I remember correctly, Colonel, Gephardt and Lieberman walked over to shake Kucinich's hand after that. I still don't think Dennis answered the question though. And, I think Dennis was trivializing Ted's question. If Dennis, Braun, and Sharpton can't answer such 'trivial' questions how are they going to get nominated in order to tackle 'the issues that are before us'? Cheap props!

"Big loser tonight: Koppel," said Kucinich spokesman Jeff Cohen
That's funny BUT Dennis, the mistake on the lake, Kucinich isn't running against Koppel.

This group says the same thing, over and over and over again. Koppel mixed it up - surely these guys have to face reality soon and drop out.

exactly. and why the # ins sharpton running for office. he's wasting his time. hell never get elected no matter how hard he tries.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
ivan, I agree. He obviously doesn't have snow balls chance in hell. But, I suppose it gives him a platform to spew his Demagoguery and keep him in the news. I think he just wants to stay in the news.

He's so insignificant the media is giving him a pass: no mention of Freddie's Fashion Mart, The Tawana Brawley incident, etc.

I sort of enjoy watching him and he's not so bad but I don't see anyone voting him into office.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Anyone can run for president whether you think they have a chance or not. Grow up fellas. We need unorthrodox candidates. I just wish there were more people like Braun, Sharpton, and Kucinich. Damn, anyone who thinks running for president is about money. Damn Kopple with his funky hair piece.

I watched the debates and I liked Clark. I've always liked him but the dems are on this Dean kick and they won't get off long enough to even entertain anyone else when its obvious Dean can't win. Every time I see him I dislike him more. He doesn't want to talk about Iraq because he doesn't have a plan. He opposed the war--whoop-de doo! Everyone with any sense opposed the war. What now? We occupy Iraq until hell freezes over. That's no different than the Bushies plan.

I agree with Kucinich, I think occupation is wrong and we should get out of there as quickly as possible, but his plan isn't realistic. Clark is the only one talking sense about Iraq. He's the only one with a workable plan. He's the only one that can serious talk about every issue that is brought up. He speaks clearly and he's to the point. And he's obviously a very smart man. If he gets the nod--Dubya may as well start packing his bags immediately.

If the democrats don't get it together and back the right guy they are going to lose this election. Even my mother says she won't vote Dean and she's never backed anyone pro-life. I doubt she's really going to vote for Bush but we don't want no stinkin Dean.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Anyone can run for president whether you think they have a chance or not. Grow up fellas. We need unorthrodox candidates. I just wish there were more people like Braun, Sharpton, and Kucinich. Damn, anyone who thinks running for president is about money. Damn Kopple with his funky hair piece.

I watched the debates and I liked Clark. I've always liked him but the dems are on this Dean kick and they won't get off long enough to even entertain anyone else when its obvious Dean can't win. Every time I see him I dislike him more. He doesn't want to talk about Iraq because he doesn't have a plan. He opposed the war--whoop-de doo! Everyone with any sense opposed the war. What now? We occupy Iraq until hell freezes over. That's no different than the Bushies plan.

I agree with Kucinich, I think occupation is wrong and we should get out of there as quickly as possible, but his plan isn't realistic. Clark is the only one talking sense about Iraq. He's the only one with a workable plan. He's the only one that can serious talk about every issue that is brought up. He speaks clearly and he's to the point. And he's obviously a very smart man. If he gets the nod--Dubya may as well start packing his bags immediately.

If the democrats don't get it together and back the right guy they are going to lose this election. Even my mother says she won't vote Dean and she's never backed anyone pro-life. I doubt she's really going to vote for Bush but we don't want no stinkin Dean.

Hey! What's wrong with Dean. He's THE PEOPLE'S CHAMPION. he's ready to take on Bush and get nasty about it and that's what we need. Not some soft spoken pansy like Gephardt. Kerry JUST started getting tough. Dean was tough all along. Dean has a plan.

I think Dean as prez and Clark (or Kucinich) as VP would be great.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Quote from deanforamerica.com:
The first step in reversing this agenda, balancing the budget and putting the US fiscal house in order must be the repeal of the Bush tax cuts

He's too much of a wimp to say he's going to raise taxes, that's basically what he's saying when he says 'repeal'

Dean is going to take money away from people? If Dean is elected president, everyones paychecks are going to be lighter - and, I didnt see anything on his site about spending cuts, he's one sided. Dean? NO THANKS! Kerry and Lieberman support the middle class tax cuts though, they have stated they won't roll those back.

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Look at the rampant defecit spending. One of your fellow Four Horseman, Thomas, even went so far as lamenting & coining the phrase "Republicrats" because they are spending out of control, and it's all 50% pork!
Any president stepping in will cut that and appear an immediate fiscal guru, as Dean will.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Bout Time: I too am mindful of the spending.

When people go to the polls they care much about that. Especially, with the perception of an improving economy (again, 'perception' - no need to paste an opinion from some liberal prof. you admire
).

Immediate fiscal guru? please! His campaign doesn�t resemble his Vermont governorship all that much so what makes you think his presidency would.

Imho, the most important thing to remember about Dean is repealing the tax cuts. in other words, Dean is going to RAISE TAXES. Does he really think Americans aren't going to notice when their paychecks are lighter?

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
That double speak math again: repal tax cut = tax increase?
Orwell never knew he was writing a playbook & not a novel!!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
yes, BT, call it anything you would like. Dean is saying he's going to raise taxes. Under Dean, taxes will be raised. Dean will 'repeal' taxes cuts- therefore, taxes will be raised. With the Bush tax cut rescinded many Americans will see less in their paychecks. Any extra money people see in their checks since Bush will be taken away. Elect Dean and you'll get a pay decrease.
Did your employer screw up your paycheck? No, we elected Dean, he raised taxes, oh, wait, I mean he repealed the tax cut???

How else can I explain it, Bout time? Gosh, what line of work are you in anyway? Was it IT?

And, does Howard Dean want us to return our rebate checks also??

Lieberman and Kerry have made it very, very clear they don't want to repeal middle class tax cuts.

Originally posted by Bout Time
That double speak math again: repal tax cut = tax increase?
Orwell never knew he was writing a playbook & not a novel!!

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have to say that I am super right wing, but even I like Dean (except for the National Health Care).

I agree that all children under 18 should have health care SHOULD THEY NOT HAVE IT.

But adults should fend for themselves.

Anyone know where I could catch this online? I'd love to see the debate.

Thanks
Big Krazy

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You like him because he's a Libertarian, Krazy.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Math class ( numbers for example only)

Net tax = 10

10 = unit of tax paid

.05 = Bush tax cut

Net = 9.95, not received by many, other to be phased in

Tax cut repealed to combat misguided & lopsided deficit spending & true tax cuts to the wealthy.

10 = unit of tax

Symantics are the grist of the political mill, but come on man! look at the tax nut at every level ( school/property/sales/gas/state) and see how those increased to compensate !!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
ok, BT. Let's look at it this way.

Before Bush, I made X amount, take home. Bush cuts taxes and I take home MORE money. Like getting a pay raise, actually. Granted, property taxes are going up (mine our), sales taxes have gone up (least where I live) among other taxes and fees (vehicle registration to name one off the top of my head).

So, Dean is going to come along and repeal the tax cut, (i.e, raise taxes) leaving me, and millions more, w/ out that extra take home pay, which helps cover the increased sales taxes, prop. taxes, fees, etc. Now, if he can roll back all the other tax increases too, I'd say go ahead, Howard.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join