It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange shadow on the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Last tuesday december 9th a number of witnesses has seen a strange phenomenon. There was some kind of stripe that suddenly appeared in front of the moon. The phenomenon was reported in Holland and in other countries as well.

A 21-year old female student from Meppel, Holland said: "Me and my friend Cecilia were working in the stables of a horseriding-school and we were standing right next to Cecilia's pony. All of a sudden she said 'Look!' and she points at the moon. They saw a stripe-shaped shadow which appeared over the moon. It came hoovering from the right as a tiny dot and stretched out as a stripe over the full width of the moon. At that point the moon seemed to exist of two seperate halfs.
At a certain moment the stripe lowert it's position untill it was gone."

The phenomenon took place at aprox 16:30 in the afternoon and lasted about three minutes. There was a clear sky.

A reconstruction of the phenomenon:

Now I don't wanna frighten any of you, but if this was in fact a shadow and not just a plane, rod or goverment ufo that just covered the moon for a moment then this was an object of a gigantic size. Maybe even a mothership, coz we've been seeying a whole lot of ufo's the last two weeks over here in tiny little Holland.

Here's the (dutch) url: www.ufoplaza.nl...

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Olafski]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
wow strange story indeed. I remeber as a kid I had a dream where i was looking at the moon then I was looking at it thru a telescope. I looked at one of the craters and suddenly the crater opened and a large ufo came out it was huge then I looked away from the telescope. I woke up screaming both my parents in the room they said everything is ok. they also said i was yelling look look there comming ....

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
curious...not to offend, but do we have links to any official news articles? I've done a search, came up empty handed. Hopefully more details will be reported.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I can't recall having nightmares like these Kris. Maybe you saw a sciencefiction the evening before. I do recall having nightmares after watching series like the Hulk. Boy was I scared when this guy turned green. I always jumped quickly behind the couch when the changing began. After watching the Crucifixion or Last Temptation of Christ with Easter. I remember waking up all sweaty. I believe I was 8 or 9 years old. I thought Jesus was hanging right next to my bed. I was scared as hell and didn't wanna leave my bed to turn the lights on.

But hey let's stick to the subject...

According to the thread on Ufoplaza.nl a guy from Austalia saw the same phenomenon and on the second page an other man came up with this response...

ok lets think about this, acepting for a minute this did occur, it was obviously a shadow cast on the moon, and it pretty much shadowed the width of the moon so it was likely to be some distance between us and the moon and it had an eratic course, so it was not an orbital 'satellite' and , it could of been longer than projected on the moon, as it's shadow didn't nessecarily end at the moon
it would be interesting to find out how local this event was, but it sounds like a confined view on the world so it was a projection closer to Earth, and to your part of the world perhaps upper atmosphere

well if it moved, it was likely to be a fluke that it was shadowed by the moon, otherwise it was invisible but the rest is up to math...judging actual size etc

ik: so eh... no UFO?

perhaps
i just don't think it was actually on the moon or near it
but it appeared that way which would make it cigar shaped and very large
i gotta go...but i am intrigued

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Olafski]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Maybe it is the translation BUT This looks like a spoof to me, lil bit of a pisstake

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
i never had nightmares based on sci fi infact i had great dreams when i watched sci fi so many times i went on missions with the uss. enterprise. but anywho

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't think this is a spoof. However it could have something to do with Stan Romanek's December 12 Warning Controversy...

www.rense.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Also there's someone who lives in the north of Holland and who took this photo of something that appears as a rod the same day!

Original size:

Enhanced images:

www.ufoplaza.nl...

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
wow would be good if i could read dutch anywhey thats really strange that picture of rod in sky what the hell are the dots on top and behind it though

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Apparently I've been living in Holland the wrong time...

I didn't even know that there was a UFO wave going on there lately. Oh well.. That kind of stuff normally doesn't make it to the telegraaf, volkskrant, nrc etc... (those are Dutch newspapers).

If that thing really passed in front of the moon it must be really big. And you said that someone else in Australia saw something like that also? (but I'm not so sure that you can see it in Australia and the Netherlands at the same time.)

Which part of Holland do you live Olasfki??

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Oh never mind, I forgot the student from Meppel part. Which province is that? Gelderland? Overijssel?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
meppel euhh... oh yeah its Overijssel just under friesland and drenthe.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I don't think this is a spoof. However it could have something to do with Stan Romanek's December 12 Warning Controversy...

I doubt it will be an alien invasion, maybe a natural diseaster.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I live in a small town near the Belgian border. I have never seen UFO's myself. Maybe that's because I'm spending way too much time on ATS lately.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i never knew we have our own DATS website! whoohoo

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hi,

Actually I saw this shadow too, I live in Slovenia. It was 8th of August 2007.
I wanted to see if the Moon was red after the eclipse, and it was a bit red, then suddenly, at 9.05PM, I saw a shadow moving across the Moon! Here's an image of the Moon SECONDS before the event:
www.astronom.si...

And here's one that shows how it looked like and how it moved:
www.astronom.si...

It was on for about 25 seconds. I was stunned.
I believe it has to be truly gigantic and very close to the Moon, because the shadow was very sharp. Mothership? Halo ringworld?

[edit on 13-10-2007 by DBagg]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DBagg

There seems to be something similar going on with the Moon in a thread posted a while ago, link below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DBagg

posted on 10-12-2003 at 05:35 PM by Olafski

posted on 13-10-2007 at 03:35 PM by DBagg

Do you see what's going on here ? your 4 years too late......

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 13-10-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
reply to post by DBagg

There seems to be something similar going on with the Moon in a thread posted a while ago, link below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks!

Originally posted by h3akalee
Do you see what's going on here ? your 4 years too late......

Regard's
Lee

OMG I didn't even notice it!

Sorry!

top topics

join