It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Newz Forum: SOCCER: Coca-Cola League One results 23/10/04

page: 1

log in


posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:00 AM
Blackpool lifted themselves out of the relegation zone with a shock 3-0 win over second-placed Brentford, who slip to fifth in Coca-Cola League One. John Murphy struck twice either side of the break and in-form striker Scott Taylor notched a goal of his own after 78 minutes.

League leaders Luton's capitulation continued as Hull thumped them 3-0 at the KC Stadium. Mike Newell's team established themselves as runaway leaders of the division early in the season but after three defeats inside a week find themselves in a vulnerable position. Stuart Elliott scored after 11 and 33 minutes to sandwich Delroy Facey's 22nd-minute goal as the Tigers coasted to a sumptuous lead at the break. Luton, who also had Kevin Nicholls sent off for a second bookable offence, retain their place at the top thanks to the lead they built up earlier in the campaign.

Barnsley and Swindon played out a cracker at Oakwell, drawing 2-2. Sammy Igoe scored the first goal of the game to put the Wiltshire team ahead after 28 minutes, but goals from Michael Chopra (41) and Paul Reid (66) put the home team in front. However, Christian Roberts popped up eight minutes from time to salvage a point for the Robins.

Bradford's good form continued at Valley Parade as they ran out 3-1 winners over Yorkshire rivals Sheffield Wednesday. Michael Symes' brace and Dean Windass' goal after 62 minutes put the game beyond the Owls despite Lee Bullen's consolation.

Bournemouth moved into fourth place with a 2-1 win over Oldham after coming from behind at Boundary Park. James Hayter grabbed a brace to cancel out Scott Vernon's third-minute penalty and seal a vital victory for Sean O'Driscoll's men.

Walsall's poor start to the season continued as Bristol City came from behind to win 2-1 at the Bescot Stadium. Matty Fryatt put the Saddlers ahead from the penalty spot early in the second half but a Leroy Lita double left the home side stunned.

Pawel Abbott struck twice as Huddersfield beat MK Dons 3-1 at home. Junior Mendes was also on the scoresheet for the Terriers as Ben Chorley grabbed a consolation, scoring a late penalty as full-time approached.

Tranmere remain in sixth place after earning a vital away victory, beating Colchester 2-1. Chris Dagnall put them ahead after 29 minutes and Calvin Zola sealed it after 81 minutes before Greg Halford's consolation.

Peterborough coasted to an impressive 3-0 win over Hartlepool at London Road. Peter Kennedy and Calum Willock helped Posh to a 2-0 lead before player-coach Andy Legg got a third in the second half. However, the victory for Barry Fry's men was marred by the sending-off of Chris Plummer for a second yellow card.

Port Vale and Stockport drew 0-0 in a game which featured a double sending-off. Michael Walsh was sent off for the home side and Danny Adams for Stockport after a first-half fracas.

Chesterfield and Doncaster played out a 0-0 stalemate, while Torquay versus Wrexham at Plainmoor was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch.


new topics

log in