It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: News briefs: Boldin plans to come back Oct. 31

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
TEMPE, Ariz. -- Wide receiver Anquan Boldin is nearly ready to return to the Arizona Cardinals' lineup for the first time since being sidelined two months ago by knee surgery.

Last season's NFL rookie of the year donned pads Wednesday for the first time since injuring his right knee in training camp. He went through two hours of individual rehabilitation, then said he expects to resume practice Monday and should be ready to play at Buffalo on Oct. 31.

Coach Dennis Green has said Nov. 7 might be the return date, but Boldin doesn't think he needs any extra time.

"Not the way my body feels," he said. "I think whenever you go through an injury like this, your body tells you when you're ready. My body hasn't told me anything different yet."

Boldin was just about the only bright spot in last season's 4-12 finish, setting an NFL rookie record with 101 catches. His 1,377 yards receiving were the most by a rookie since 1960. He was the only rookie -- and only Cardinal -- in the Pro Bowl.

So when Green took over this season, Boldin was a centerpiece of his offensive plans, teaming with Bryant Johnson and first-round draft pick Larry Fitzgerald to form a talented trio of young targets for Josh McCown.

Boldin and Green ruled out any chance the receiver would play Sunday against Seattle.

join