It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleting U2Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   
With the new U2U set-up, combined with the Upload facility, I'm finding the whole U2U thing too slow to access and to verify responses have gone.

More especially, I need to delete some U2Us to free up space in my box. I used to be able to check boxes to delete them, now I don't seem to have the facility?

Each individual deletion takes way long. It's frustrating.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is that the typical experience? Does this need an overhaul?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Your comment is the first I've heard of such things. My experience is quite the opposite. Deletions are immediate for me, and much faster than the previous system. Of course, I'm always on a fast broadband connection. What browser are you using, and why type of connection are you on (dial-up or broadband)?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I've actually had the same thing...and on broadband.

PS-Why do we have to wait a while before sending another U2U? I can understand blocking flooding, etc., but can we have a way to cc someone then?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok I've actually had the same thing...and on broadband. PS-Why do we have to wait a while before sending another U2U? I can understand blocking flooding, etc., but can we have a way to cc someone then?
If you want to send to more than one person, just separate them with commas... for example.... "SkepticOverlord, Gazrok, MaskedAvatar" in the "to" field will send the same message to all 3 users. And yes, we've had flooding problems before. I was experimenting with ways to delete entire blocks of messages, when I have some more time, I'll look into it. Are you using the new "save" feature to keep important U2U's in a third "saved" folder?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Right now, I'm on a slowish PC (unknown CPU) using Windows NT/Internet Explorer, on dial-up. I expected it's probably unique to this machine, but it really does take a while.

When I access the U2U page, it takes about 20 seconds for the "Inbox" to be active, and another 20 seconds after clicking the Inbox to see new messages.

Deletions run at 30 seconds or more each.

Everything else in screen updates seems to run at an acceptable speed, including ATS Chat.

The other thing I've noticed is that when I go to the main Forum page it doesn't refresh, it seems to revert to the previous cache copy.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Okay... there's a host of problems here.
You're probably on an older version of IE... update if you can. More current versions render the HTML much faster. Also, look into your preferences for the settings to disable caching (usually called "check for a new version of the page every time you visit" or something similarly odd). Your older-browser probably also has trouble with the iFrame markup used on the page (inline frame). This is another indication of an older version browser. Try right-clicking on the inbox and selecting "open frame in a new window" then doing your deleting. Let me know if there is a performance improvement. Windows NT is an older operating system with a slow Winsock that also causes speed-to-screen problems of online content. Combined with Dial-Up is an Internet-users nightmare.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
William

Thanks for the advice.

I kind of surmised there would be a litany of issues!

It's temporary, I'm not on my PC and won't be updating anything, but I hope other people could also find this info useful.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 08:04 AM
link   

If you want to send to more than one person, just separate them with commas... for example....

"SkepticOverlord, Gazrok, MaskedAvatar" in the "to" field will send the same message to all 3 users.

*smacks forehead*...I never knew that, hehe...

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
my u2u works better then before!

thanks SO for the new update...

new topics

top topics

join