It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Rams list Bulger as probable with bruised shoulder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Rams quarterback Marc Bulger practiced Friday, having mostly recovered from the bruised shoulder he hurt in last week's overtime victory over the Seattle Seahawks.

Bulger, who threw for 325 yards and produced 17 points in the final six minutes of regulation, was listed as probable. Coach Mike Martz said he didn't know when Bulger had been hurt until the day after the game.
Marc Bulger led the Rams to an overtime victory in Seattle despite a bruised shoulder. (Getty Images)
Marc Bulger led the Rams to an overtime victory in Seattle despite a bruised shoulder. (Getty Images)
"He needed to throw yesterday and he said he felt great today," Martz said. "He's back to normal. I was very concerned originally but there's no effect at all -- he had all the zip."

Defensive tackle Tyoka Jackson has not practiced all week due to a pulled left hamstring and said his chance of playing against the Bucs on Monday night was "less than 10 percent." Jackson was listed as doubtful and if he can't play, rookie Anthony Hargrove likely would get more playing time on the line rotation.

"It's not at it's best, I'll tell you that," Jackson said.

Hargrove was the team's third-round pick and was drafted as an end before getting work at right and left tackle.

"He's going to be just fine, he's going to be a real good player," Martz said. "The effort and the physical ability is there, so we've got to keep working with him."

Hargrove said he has struggled to grasp the playbook since being moved from right tackle to left tackle.

"I have to switch my whole mind-set," Hargrove said. "We were out there for the walkthrough and I'm the only guy sweating and it's because my mind is trying to put things together."

Offensive guard Scott Tercero likely will start again for Chris Dishman, who has missed the past two games with a hyperextended right knee. Dishman was questionable, although he said the knee has improved and he has been practicing.

"I feel quick and good," Dishman said. "But they're winning with Scott, so why make a change?"

join