It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Rosenfels on deck if Fiedler, Feeley too hurt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
DAVIE, Fla. -- Jay Fiedler has a cracked rib and A.J. Feeley has a concussion. So the Miami Dolphins may have to turn to third-string quarterback Sage Rosenfels when they play the Buffalo Bills this weekend in a matchup of the NFL's last two winless teams.

Rosenfels has not played this year. He is 4-for-9 for one touchdown in four NFL seasons.

Fiedler has a 50-50 chance of playing Sunday at Buffalo, agent Brian Levy said, adding that Fiedler has a cracked rib and was experiencing a lot of pain. Fiedler first hurt his rib against the Jets on Oct. 3, then was injured again late in Sunday's 24-10 loss at New England when he was sacked by safety Rodney Harrison.

"He played through it last week, but it's more painful [now]," Levy said. "I'm not optimistic; I'm not pessimistic. There's probably a 50 percent chance that he'll play."

Feeley, who replaced Fiedler against New England, sustained a concussion on Miami's last offensive play when he was hit by linebacker Rosevelt Colvin after releasing a pass.

Coach Dave Wannstedt said Monday that he didn't know about either player's availability for the Buffalo game but that Fiedler would start if he's able.

"Jay and A.J. are both doing better than [Sunday] from a health standpoint," Wannstedt said. "I really don't have any more information at this time. We will evaluate them and then see where they're at on Wednesday morning as far as practice and who can do what and exactly where their health is."

Wannstedt also said placekicker Olindo Mare, who missed the game after aggravating a calf injury during pregame warm-ups, would be re-evaluated Tuesday or Wednesday before the team decided whether to sign another kicker.

and the downward spiral continues...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
just member Rosenfels output in washington when he was teh starter, it was not good.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I try not too...

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Woo Hoo!!! Go Sage!!!

I have been hoping that he would get his chance.

Oh yeah, he played college ball at Iowa State University, the same place I got by B.S. in Computer Engineering!

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
Woo Hoo!!! Go Sage!!!

I have been hoping that he would get his chance.

Oh yeah, he played college ball at Iowa State University, the same place I got by B.S. in Computer Engineering!

Where all has he been in the NFL? I thought he did an OK job for the 'skins, didn't play too much, though.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
ESPN lists him as only being with Miami. Didn't do much his first year.
2nd year he was 4 of 6 for 50 yards, 1TD and a QB rating of 131.9. Not sure how that would compare to playing a full game against a number 1 defense though. Pretty sure when he came in for Miami the game was already decided.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ah, my memory fails me, he didn't play at all for the 'skins, but was thier 2rd stringer for a year.

Here's his NFL.com profile

top topics

join