It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The current flu vaccine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Last week it was reported that suppliers were out of vaccines aand could not supply any more because it takes 4 months to make. But now it is reported on CNN this morning that the government is having them release 100,000 doses, just like that, so what gives with this vaccine is something funny about this or what?

I'm sure they keep a certain amount of various vaccines in reserve for national epidemics.... This is likely akin to releasing oil from the federal reserve....

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am not sure what the big deal is. On average, 10-30,000 people die per year of the flue, mostly elderly, and diabetic. It seems like this year, the media is just making a big deal out of it. Kinda ironic since they had to destroy unused vaccine last year.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm pleased to report that the flu vaccine has given me no adverse reaction of any sort. I'm totally fine. Now all that remains is to see if I actually get the flu.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The issue is that there is really no shortage of the vaccine, but the bigger the scare the more that want it, and so now those who need it and those who want it have to pay more for it. The dollar has more power than people give it credit for. Why do you think that if it takes so long to make that all of sudden there is a large amount available.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The only people I know that got the flu this year got the vaccine. I will never, ever get the flu shot. I have done a lot of research on vaccines and they are becoming an outdated science. Research is starting to show a link with Autism and the MMR vaccine(Measles, Mumps, Rubella). There has been something like a 500% increase in Autism since requiring children get that vaccine. And MMR is way more important than a Flu shot. Considering the risks and potential side effects of vaccines, we should all grin and bear it, its just the flu!

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well, I'm sure not making a habit of getting vaccines. I figured it would be a good idea given all the dire warnings. Now all that remains is to get my mad cow, SARS, anthrax, and ebola shots, lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I got the shot this year, had no reaction to it, aside from a bruise, which I always get from needles. I did come down with the flu, though, about a month and a half after getting the shot. It was horrible, and so damn sudden, too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join