It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The current flu vaccine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   
So everywhere I look, people are talking about the flu epidemic. If I'm to believe my local news, emergency rooms are filling up with early flu victims. Even CNN had a bigshot on the other night saying this strain is the worst we've had in a long time.

I got my flu shot today. I made sure to get the company's name and vaccine batch number. I just want to make sure 10 years down the road I don't find out that anyone's been experimenting with my vaccine. The government has had quite the history of experimentation: bacteria on subways, Tuskegee syphilis, etc. I was very reluctant to get this vaccination.

What is everyone else doing?

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Isn't getting the vaccination batch number and etc. kind of pointless? If you are injected with some sort of experimental vaccine, that could only possibly prove it.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
i wonder why there is a shortage of flu vaccines this year.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Actually, NuTroll, I don't think there is a shortage on the supply side, I think there is a significant peak on the demand side.

There are a lot more age groups being included in the recommended list of flu-shot getters this year, and this is coupled with the fact people are taking this flu season a lot more serious than normal.

As to the question of what everybody else is doing...I just lived through the flu...but just barely. It sucked bad and I felt like I was going to die.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
i wonder why there is a shortage of flu vaccines this year.

cause the flu hit harder and people are more scared...

there are already 20 kids dead from the flu...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm not getting a flu shot. I'm not worried about a government experiment, I just don't like putting an unknown substance in my body. I mean, if it were a vaccine, why do you have to get one every year? I think it might just be a really storng antibiotic. Everyone I know who has gotten one so far has been sick after a few days.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I heard on the radio that the strain of flu their currently vaccinating for isn't even the one that's causing the current epidemic. How many ga-millions of have they made innoculating people with vaccine for a flu that is latent? Again, it seem that it's not about public health but coorporate profit.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The flu shot is based on LAST years strain. This one is reported to be quite different. I know several people who had the shot and still were infected. I had it (no shot) and it is miserable.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I got the flu shot last month. I wasn't feeling too good for a couple of days afterwards though. I just hope the mercury and formaldehyde doesn't give me Alzheimers later on down the road. Sure wouldn't want to take my clothes off and wander, down the Las Vegas Strip!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
. Everyone I know who has gotten one so far has been sick after a few days.

they say thats pretty typical, for you to not feel good a couple days after you get the shot, I've never gotten one even though my work pays for the employees to get one. I never really get sick, or if I do its not that serious for me to stay home from work or anything. I live with my girlfriend who got it a few days ago, and I haven't been affected by it... knock on wood.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Meningitis shots I had to get before I came to Penn State. Apparently there are so many different strains of Meningitis that you can immunize yourself against one, but you still have a great risk of catching it. It's all about the liability. Companies will pay for the shots cause its cheaper than covering a lawsuit launched by someone infected on the job.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
ya i can say my dad got the shot and he was sick for 4 days...

last time i got a shot i was sick for 2 days iv also heard its a diff strain then whats in the vaceen soo im not to sure if im going to get it

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
did the flu shot once......

once...

It gave me a mild flu for the whole damned season....(no small wonder, since it is dead and weakened viruses they're putting into you)....

Well, I'll take my 4 days of misery instead of a month of feeling like crap....thanks.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have'nt got the flu shot for five years now.
So far I've been lucky not to get the flu.
I'm not in the high risk groups, so I figure
no use taking chances on what ever they
put in those vaccines.

Anyhoo,

Here's a map from the CDC showing which states
are having flu activity now.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Last week it was reported that suppliers were out of vaccines aand could not supply any more because it takes 4 months to make. But now it is reported on CNN this morning that the government is having them release 100,000 doses, just like that, so what gives with this vaccine is something funny about this or what?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
OOPS!!!

They overlooked a supplier.
(likley story)

washingtontimes.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I got one of those four or five years ago and I still got sick. I think I'll just take my chances. Eating good seems to help more than anything.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I'm not getting a flu shot. I'm not worried about a government experiment, I just don't like putting an unknown substance in my body. I mean, if it were a vaccine, why do you have to get one every year? I think it might just be a really storng antibiotic. Everyone I know who has gotten one so far has been sick after a few days.

But they haven't DIED from it and they had no serious complications.

Viruses are mean little bastards. They mutate easily.
A new vaccine is made every year to fight the new, mutated viruses
Are you crazy!? Antibiotics DON'T WORK ON VIRUSES!

It is not an unknown substance. We all know these are weakened or dead virus bodies, to wich your immunologiacal system reracts and becomes immune to the virus. You think of flu and see a man with his nose plucked, with high temperature, being in such state for a week. These symptomes show that the organism is fighting the virus effectively.
BUT if one haven't been vaccinated, the virus would attack his lungs, heart and even brain, wich may cause a perlonged complications if not death.

Flu is a deadly, dangerous illness. If one doesn't make proper prophylaxis, it's his will to risk his life.
That's why I take my Vaccigrip every year.

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by Johnny]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I don't plan on getting a Flu Shot... it's freakin' Government experimentation, testing out an AIDS cure or something..

Anyways, i don't get out enough to be able to catch the Flu.. and if I do; i'll get over it.

Are the cases really up, or is it a case of "Shark Attacks" where the number was actually the same/lower from the previous years? I haven't seen any case numbers but I wouldn't be suprised.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I had gotten the flu shot one day before it ran out. I didn't get sick at all after I had gotten the shot like everyone else had. About 2 weeks later, which is now, I just have a runny nose and I feel like crap. Maybe it depends on the person's age and their immune system.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join