It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: S Harris, OT Wright next to join Cowboys Ring of Honor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
IRVING, Texas -- Hard-hitting safety Cliff Harris and offensive tackle Rayfield Wright will be the next inductees into the Dallas Cowboys' Ring of Honor.

Harris and Wright were among 10 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame class this year, but failed to get enough votes to earn the NFL's highest honor.

"I had an inkling something was brewing, but not till recently, very recently," Harris said. "I'm excited to be going in with a guy of Rayfield's quality, not only as a player, but his character as a person. We have a unique friendship."

Each was a four-time All-Pro player and made six Pro Bowls; they also were key players on two Super Bowl champion teams and three others that reached the Super Bowl.

Wright, who began his career as a tight end, played for the Cowboys from 1967-79. Harris played from 1970-79.

Harris and Wright will become the 13th and 14th people to be inducted in the Ring of Honor. A date has not been set for their induction.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Man, you know you're getting old when the guys you grew up watching are inducted into these things or coaching, etc.

I remember watching these two very well, Harris was part of the dreaded Doomsday Defense of the '70's along with Too Tall Jones, Randy White, Hollywood Henderson, etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Dude, you must be old...

join