It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Vikings K Andersen ties games played record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
PHILADELPHIA (Sept. 20, 2004) -- Minnesota Vikings kicker Morten Andersen tied George Blanda for first place on the NFL's career games played list, appearing in No. 340 on Monday night against Philadelphia.

Andersen, the second-leading scorer in NFL history, kicked a 42-yard field goal in the first quarter to match the record. The Vikings signed the 44-year-old after he was released by Kansas City during training camp.

Only Blanda, who played in 26 seasons, has played longer than Andersen's 22. Last season, Andersen was 16-of-20 on field goals and 58-of-59 on extra points.

Andersen's field goal gave him 2,267 points, trailing only Gary Anderson's 2,346. Blanda had 2,002.

even though he's *just* a kicker, this is pretty amazing!

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Pretty interesting bit of info on MNF last night.

Snortin' Morten has been wearing Kenny "The Snake" Stabler's shoulder pads most of his career. Madden pointed out how many games those pads must have been played in.

Here is an old pic of when Madden coached Stabler.

[Edited on 9-21-2004 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yeah, I caught that, I wonder why?

PA- snortin' morton?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Not sure, they didn't really give a reason last night. Can you imagine how old they are? Stabler played back in the 70's. They said Anderson gets them refitted and reconditioned every year. I wonder who he'll pass them on to, he should try and keep them in the league. They'll end up in Canton some day.

Snortin' Morten is just what me and my friends have always called him.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Not sure, they didn't really give a reason last night. Can you imagine how old they are? Stabler played back in the 70's. They said Anderson gets them refitted and reconditioned every year. I wonder who he'll pass them on to, he should try and keep them in the league. They'll end up in Canton some day.

Should be another kicker, someone wo won't get hit much, they might fall apart...

Ben

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
kickers should be able to last that long thouhg

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
yea like ben said a kicker can and should be able to last a long time, all he is doing is kicking a ball, not really getting hit or giving out hits.

new topics

top topics

join