It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Who's got Mailman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The plot continues to thicken around Karl Malone. Sources say he is closing in on 100 percent recovered from offseason knee surgery, and his children have enrolled in school in their home near Newport Beach, Calif. The question is whether he is going to take a full shot at earning that elusive championship ring and ringing up the 1,460 points necessary to pass Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as the NBA's all-time leading scorer. Evidently, the Mailman will stay put with the Los Angeles Lakers if the scoring record and keeping his family in one place is the priority, or he will play for the San Antonio Spurs or Minnesota Timberwolves if he wants to win a championship.

The Miami Heat seemingly are no longer serious contenders, the Timberwolves usurping their position. And now the stories start coming out of the woodwork, such as one that Kevin Garnett, Flip Saunders and Kevin McHale were headed to California in a state of woo to meet with Malone. Then again, Garnett is at the U.S. Open in New York ... at least he was in the crowd Thursday. Another source said he's headed to Europe from there. If Malone wants to get a ring, then he'll leave the Lakers, who he played only 42 games for last season after the first knee injury of his 19-year career. If it comes down to the Spurs or Timberwolves, he could tip the scales in favor of whichever team lands him. Being from the south and liking warm weather -- and then there's playing with Tim Duncan -- should push the needle in favor of the Spurs. But K.G., Flip and McHale are very persuasive fellows with a team that is on the brink of great things too. This is all assuming, of course, that the Mailman is willing to make deliveries away from his wife and children ... or uproot them for the second time in two years.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I personally hope that he goes to either Minnesota or San Anton. I think playing next to Duncan would be a more likely guarantee of a ring, but you can't argue with KG...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Back to the Jazz!! ha just kidding. But they aren't far off from being serious contendors right now.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
True, they've got a better team now than 2 years ago, I'd say. But with the other teams in the conference, I call it a great year if they make it to the conference finals.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I say off to the Warriors! and no i anit kidding, we need some talenat on our roster

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I say off to the Warriors! and no i anit kidding, we need some talenat on our roster

Yeah, but he needs a ring before he retires...unless Mullin has something to blackmail him with...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I see what you mean if he is that desperate then GSW aint the place for him.........................yet. Maybe after winning that ring if dont retire he could go to the Warriors to finish his career

new topics

top topics

join