It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: HOCKEY: Hull says its no fun playing hockey

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
With Team USA getting ready to face Russia in the World Cup of hockey quarterfinals, Brett Hull spoke his mind Sunday, saying he is not having fun playing hockey anymore, according to the New York Post.

The U.S. prepares for its clash against the Russians Monday, but Hull was approached by The Post after he did not play in a 3-1 victory over Slovakia Friday.

"I couldn't care less," he reportedly said. "It's no fun playing."

The Post approached Hull Sunday, but he refused to discuss the story. When the newspaper told him fans might be interested in the story, Hull said, "I don't give a ---- about the fans anymore."

Hull reportedly told the Team USA media relations department he had no intention of being quoted. And he also declined a request by the team to meet with the media to discuss the issue.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A BIG WAH for brett hull, maybe it is time for him to sit back on the millions he has made from hockey and let someone else who still gets a thrill from living a dream have a chance

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
The Post approached Hull Sunday, but he refused to discuss the story. When the newspaper told him fans might be interested in the story, Hull said, "I don't give a ---- about the fans anymore."

Wow, Brett said that?!

:angry-smiley-034:

That takes alot of nerve. I wont say what I think, I liked Hull up until I read that "I don't give a ---- about the fans anymore" comment. The tournament starts tomorrow, I hope he doesn't see a second of ice time, we dont need a guy out there who doesnt care about the game OR the fans. I think he owes a big apology to the fans who have provided him with his non-working luxury lifestyle. I'd like to see him work 50 hours with me for what I make.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
dan we get a crybaby happy face for the likes of poor brett?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
dan we get a crybaby happy face for the likes of poor brett?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Now he's been cut by Canada and the U.S. Maybe he could join the Germans or something.

[Edited on 9/6/2004 by Karlsberg]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I wonder. If Brett thinks playing is no fun, hows he liking watching? You'd think he'd be more into it considering the strike. That might have been his last appearance.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Lets see here.

2 games with Brett Hull: USA 0-2.

2 games WITHOUT Brett Hull: USA 2-0.

I don't think the US needs him. The Guerin-Modano-Tkachuk line was on fire against the Russian team!

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Good point crayon!

That was an awesome game tonight, if Tkachuk, Modano, and Guerin stay hot Finland will have it's hands full. I don't like to look ahead, especially with a real tough Finn team, but a USA-Canada final would be perfect!

:loudhorn: GO USA!

I like JR being in the booth, he's pretty colorful, but you know he'd rather be out there with the guys and I'd certainly rather see him out there as well. Well hockey would normally start in just over three weeks, things aren't looking good.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
that line for the us team is on fire
nobody can stop them.

Yea seriously if he doesnt want to play dont play!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If Hull was still a Canadian somebody would shoot him for saying that.

top topics

join