It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOME CHURCHES ARE BUSINESS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 05:42 PM
link   
did u ever go to those phonies churches
where it's funny because i went once to check it out and while the people were praying the priest was saying
"Now praise the lord and reach into your wallet and give a thousand to the lord or 2 thousands remember it's for the lord reach into your wallet"
he was brain washing the poeple
it's called in spanish "La iglesia Universal"
and it's funny because the founder of the church has his own island but the church it's self the paint was peeling down.
i wonder how that happens
u c just be careful because there are alot of churches who are just business and u see them that every day they have a new "holy" item just for "five easy payments of 9.99"
i mean really i was craking up so bad hahahaha

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hmm, that does seem a bit tacky, but every organization needs a means to organize itself, and if you aren't going to be a slave to your church, than you'll just have to throw money at it so it can "hire" slaves to do the work for them. I.E. build churches and such.

But, man that pastor has some Balls

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 06:06 PM
link   
NO NO NO CHURCHES DON'T TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU LIKE THAT
IT WAS THAT CHURCH I WENT TO I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT THAT THEY WERE BRAINWASHING THE PEOPLE AND THE OWNER OF THE CHURCH OWNS AN ISLAND !!!! NOW AN ISLAND IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR SOMEONE TO HAVE !
AND PLUS EVERY WEEK I AM NOT EXAGERATING THEY HAVE SOME NEW "HOLY" ITEM BROUGHT IN FROM SOME HOLY LAND
LIKE THE HOLY ROSE
THE HOLY HANKERCHIEF
AND THESE WERE ACTUAL "HOLY" ITEMS
THAT'S WHY I SAY IF YOU GO TO A CHURCH GO TO ONE THAT IS REALLY INTERESTED IN GOD AND HIS TEACHINGS NOT THE PROFIT

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The word of god does state that we should give to Gods house. It is mentioned in the book of Malachi, about God saying that even if we give a tenth of our earnings the windows of heaven will pour out a blessing our homes could not contain. But dont think that God needs money. It is only to feed and clothe his diciples in the ministry. Also to maintain the church.
The bible says that the just shall live by faith. So ministers should not recieve a waged salary. They also should not pass around a small basket amongst the congregation in order to collect money. This minister you saw was not preaching the Gospel of christ for I percieve that he does have a spirit contrary to the Holy spirit.
In the Book of Revelations it says that God was pleased with the church of Ephesus because they had tried them which said they were apostles but were not, and they found them liars.

The sad thing is, there is more ministers out there preaching a false doctrine than the true one.

top topics

join