It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler wine sells like crazy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Where can I get a bottle? I love to drink to the idea of slamming censorship.

interesting story, seems it was okay for the guy to sell Lenin wine but the minute he covered the right side, he was in trouble.

read the story here.

www.ananova.com...

would you buy a bottle of Hitler wine to thumb your nose at censors and control freaks?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I read somewhere that Bush is a wine drinker.

Maybe? Hmmm...

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

interesting story, seems it was okay for the guy to sell Lenin wine but the minute he covered the right side, he was in trouble.

read the story here.

www.ananova.com...

would you buy a bottle of Hitler wine to thumb your nose at censors and control freaks?

I would. What's the problem, it's just a name.

And like you said, the moment he went to the far 'right' he ran into trouble. As he said himself, ""It's strange that Stalin murdered 15 million people, but there is no fuss about the bottle. And for the labels with Hitler and Mussolini I ended up in court," said 41-year-old Lunardelli."

That doesn't make sense. At least he offers a selection from all sides of the spectrum.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
parrhesia,

the world values wisdom more than any other virtue.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What a strange maarketing scheme.

I wouldn't mind much drinking a bottle of that, well, maybe I would because I hate alchohol, but not because of the name. Just because it has the word Hitler stamped on it doesn't mean it's bad wine.

Another example of how advertising can influence people like that.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I read about this a while ago, and found it really disturbing. What a horrible thing for someone to use as a marketing scheme. Take the most awful dictator in recent history, and stamp his name to a bottle of wine to sell more and to get TONS of free advertising.

Frankly, I find the idea sick.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   

read the story here.

www.ananova.com...

No you just want it because you're a white supremacist...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I read about this a while ago, and found it really disturbing. What a horrible thing for someone to use as a marketing scheme. Take the most awful dictator in recent history, and stamp his name to a bottle of wine to sell more and to get TONS of free advertising.

Frankly, I find the idea sick.

It maybe sick but don't you just love the capitalist society...

(No, I'm a communist...just using sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well Hitler was great sommeilier(i think thats the spelling.)

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

read the story here.

www.ananova.com...

No you just want it because you're a white supremacist...

IS THERE ANY POINT TO THIS POST OTHER THAN TO QUOTE THENEO IN FULL AND INSULT HIM???

If you can't enter into well mannered debate then don't post at all !!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Last year on hlliday in italy i saw the same but then with beer, hitler bear..bit stupid to try to get attention by making wine or beer like this...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Let's be realistic, many people have used Hitler to sell their products.

Heck, the tv media makes money selling air time for commertials, which they execute under the banner of "news", otherwise known as the most sensationalized representation of any bad thing made worse, and some things made up.

(Long title I know)

It's like protesting the Anola Gay. It's historical, and if you think that the musseum is not making money on a plane that dropped the A-bomb.

The goal is to make money. If he succeeds while staying within decent guildlines, who cares.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's really sad that in Germany everything related to Hitler and the Nazi regime is censored and there is a lot of history teaching for kids but in the end in other european countries people aren't taking it serious.

I actually love italy, the people and the landscape but I never accepted the kind of humor they have regarding WWII. Probably, if anybody in germany would dare to publish something like that the uneducated people of the world would scream at us again for being Nazis all over.

On the other hand I need to agree with KrazyJehtro but people should be careful to differ between products connected to hitler and glorification of him. A wine is for me something that shouldn't be marked with such a man.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Are Hitler stamps worth anything? I've had a bunch of them since I was a kid.

new topics

top topics

join