It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Repugnant pigs at the trough, spending your money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Now, they talk about "tax and spend liberals." WHAT THE HELL IS THIS! I have not seen such spending on crap in ages! People, you CANNOT trust these repugnants with YOUR money! These children of Cain REFUSE to continue to fund unemployment beneifts for the NINE MILLION AMERICANS THAT HAVE BEEN LAID OFF SINCE BUSH HAS BEEN IN OFFICE! So, Americans don't have money to put food on the table for Xmas? (Or food on the family as Bush would say). Screw 'em! I got my pork!

But, of course, they can find money to build a Civil War theme park and fix a swimming pool. These demons make me sick. We need the democrats back for good governing again!

The House yesterday passed a massive $373 billion spending bill, laden with pork-barrel spending and controversial provisions as far as the eye could see. As the WSJ reports, "The size of the measure invites abuse. Spending set-asides for home-state projects have grown to extraordinary levels, filling scores of pages in the Congressional Record, and from the National Rifle Association to major corporations, [conservative] political allies have added legislative language for their self-interests." For instance, "over the bitter protests of many small ranchers and growers, country-of-origin food labeling rules, scheduled to take effect in September 2004, would be delayed two years after a lobbying campaign by big meatpackers and food marketers. Wal-Mart Stores Inc., whose political action committee tops the list of PAC contributors to federal candidates this year, quietly added its muscle. The United Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Association stepped in at the end with Republicans to help seal the deal." Similarly, the gun manufacturers have added a provision which "requires the FBI to destroy records of applicants for gun purchasers after 24 hours instead of current 90 days."

WHAT'S IN � PORK: At a time of massive budget deficits, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports, "Lawmakers face so much pork, it can't be counted." Rep. David Obey (D-WI), "said more than 7,000 earmarks worth more than $7.5 billion are in the bill." Some projects included in the bill: $200,000 for "educational outreach" at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame; The Detroit Free Press notes there is "$225,000 for a Kentucky Civil War theme park, $325,000 for a swimming pool in Salinas, CA., and $2 million for the First Tee youth golf program"; the LA Times points out "$100,000 for street furniture and sidewalks in Laverne, AL., $44 million for a bridge to Treasure Island in Florida and $75,000 for a North Pole Transit System in Alaska"; "Fiscal conservative" Rep. Jim Gibbons (R-NV) secured $225,000 to fix a swimming pool in his hometown that he and childhood friends clogged 60 years ago; and Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA) � the same Senator who helped negotiate a Medicare privatization bill to "control costs" � secured $50 million to build a rainforest in Coralville, IA. The pork barreling is so egregious that even some hometown papers that stand to benefit are outraged. AP reports that last month, an Iowa newspaper columnist wrote that the rainforest project suffers from a "legitimacy crisis," while a recent editorial in another newspaper complained that asking for a federal handout gives Iowa a bad name. "There's nothing Iowa about begging the federal government for ($50) million," a Nov. 21 Iowa City Press Citizen editorial stated. "There's nothing Iowa about a project that won't pay for itself."

www.americanprogress.org...

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by Colonel]

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
That the GOP has abandoned true conservatives can't be denied.

We now spend $21,000 per household, as opposed to a Clinton high of $16,000....

Thus the neo-conservative label. If you're Republican and fine with all this...GREAT! But I contend you're not a fiscal conservative anymore... not even a moderate.

Dems have a great opportunity to claim the moderate void... if they don't blow it.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well, Dean is a moderate liberal and fiscally conseervative. He wil bring things in line. Hopefully beofre its too late....

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
why isnt this in the mud pit? insults and vulgar language belong there, dont drag your mud into other forums.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
These children of Cain REFUSE to continue to fund unemployment beneifts for the NINE MILLION AMERICANS THAT HAVE BEEN LAID OFF SINCE BUSH HAS BEEN IN OFFICE! So, Americans don't have money to put food on the table for Xmas? (Or food on the family as Bush would say). Screw 'em! I got my pork!

I would have to say as one of the "former" nine million...Bush didn't take my job. Bin Laden did. He and then the p*ssy corporations that got worried over the budget and the economy and started to lay off in droves. I know many many people out of work in the high tech sector. Not one, that's right...NOT ONE will attrubute the loss of a job to Bush.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Strange, Colonel, that you did not respond to my rant about this in such manner, and post your similar ranting to the already started thread, initiated by me.

Either clean up the mudslinging you have attached to this thread NOW, or I'll delete it and if you have any pertinent info to attach to the already started thread that is about this very topic, you can attach it there.

Keep the mud in the PIT! WE have much more fun with it there! Don't deprive us pigs!!!

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hmm, Pranks got a point Colonel. if it was presented as facts it wold be here, but the tone, and the language make it mudpit.

We have to be careful that the mudpit doesn't contaminate the other forums ...

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hold on a sec! This is a scandal. This isn't about "My team is better than your team." This is an unadulterated scandal. And, in scandals, you're supposed to be pissed. That's why its a scandal!

And, I'm not slinging mud, I'm telling the truth. When I sling mud, you all know it.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oh, so now, its regulated to the pit when its truly a scandal on the American people. You repugnants amaze me. Always HIDING the truth.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am not a liberal nor a repugnant.

As Popeye so insightfully said "I yam what I yam"

It might be a scandel to YOU but in the way it was presented its not necesarily a scandal to others.

The definition of scandel is not followed, you are stating your personal opinion and saying that a scandal subjectifying what should be an objective assessment.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
C'mon now?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
id rather have it spent than to go to chackheade who use ther welfare checks to buy drugs and not use it to get a decent job so they can support there 7 kids with 3 different fathers!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
id rather have it spent than to go to chackheade who use ther welfare checks to buy drugs and not use it to get a decent job so they can support there 7 kids with 3 different fathers!

What the hell is a chackheade?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
my bad

i ment "crackhead"

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
One "repugnant too many. To the mudpit with it. Although it should disappear and you, Colonel, add to the already created thread of this topic, rather than recreate it for your vile bile to be added.
As you aree a moderator, I'll merely move it rather than do the tradition, which is to delete the repost of the same topic.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a democrat, colonel, complaining about spending?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
One "repugnant too many. To the mudpit with it. Although it should disappear and you, Colonel, add to the already created thread of this topic, rather than recreate it for your vile bile to be added.
As you aree a moderator, I'll merely move it rather than do the tradition, which is to delete the repost of the same topic.

I don't see where this topic was brought up before.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The American taxpayer is now being bilked out of it's money by Halliburton and the current administration that gave away the contract without a bid.

Halliburton is now importing gas out of Kuwait into Iraq at the price of $2.62/gallon when other companies have acknowledged that it could easily be done at approximately half the cost. Who is paying for this fiasco? You and I.

Why TRUE fiscal conservatives continue to back this administration while it's buddies are fleecing the government(You and I) continues to baffle me.

No longer shall I sit back and take the "tax and spend". This administration does not tax, gives away to it's buddies, and covers it up with the usual name calling at anyone that disagrees with what it does.

This administration could possibly be the most corrupt in the history of our country. Continual lies and distortions while the public sits back and watches "The Bachelor". We should all be ashamed of ourselves for letting this happen.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

So you would rather give it to the corporations that are stealing us blind with their corporate welfare?

Really KrazyIvan you need to start thinking for yourself and start doing some due diligence. I KNOW you would be surprised and pissed about what you found out.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
lets just spend it all on the #ing military and take over the world

top topics

join