It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE MEDIA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2002 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Blah...

I've been interviewed by reporters from time to time (for articles relating to my industry), they never get things right, no matter how clearly and to-the-point I speak.

[Edited on 1-12-2002 by William]

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
How the hell can you say that the us media is left wing?!? You have one of the most controlled medias in the world, and its right wing bias is unmistakable. I dont think you realise how controlled your media is. We get cbs, fox, cnn, abc and a couple of others over here and people cant belive the stuff the us people are prepared to swallow. for example cbs 'world news' contains constantly contains one story from outside the us, and the rest are internal? how the feck is that world news?

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I can't tell ya about "main stream" media, but I can tell you about the local level. I work for a newspaper, and I usually decide what goes in or doesn't... I can tell ya this much, "Big Brother", the NWO or who ever, have never showed up at my door and told me what I can or can't run. I have covered black helicopters, gov't corruption, etc. and have never had anyone tell me I couldn't. I run what I believe to be interesting for the reader.
If is isn't interesting to the reader then our readership drops, and our ad revenue drops. It has nothing to do with what someone tells me that I can or can't run.

Just a local perspective.

posted on Feb, 11 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Maybe someone can answer these questions...

Why is it, when 2 homeless people get in a fight, and one dies at the hands of the other, the dead one remains homeless, but the survivor is downrated to "drifter" or "transient"? I have seen this headline several times; "Drifter kills homeless man" or "Transient kills homeless man". Remember bums? A more honest headline would be "Bum kills bum. So What?".

In Re $650 toilet seats, $400 Integrated Circuits Radio Shack sells for 59 cents, et cetera - ever seen the printout reproduced? Ever see a canceled check?

The $400 IC thing happened about 6 months before "Wargames" was released. Remember what happened right after Wargames came out? Big flap about NORAD went to DEFCON something because a 59 cent chip went bad. Shoulda used one of those $400 chips.

Then there's Congress failed to...Congress fails to fund free abortions. City Council fails to pass rent control. State legislature fails to pass gun control law. Governing bodies that fail to pass legislation invariably fail to pass legislation liberals want passed. "Congress fails to increase military budget"? Never happen.

Remember "Missing children"? A whole industry of paid Talk-show experts cropped up in the mid-'80s. Then the FBI released a report saying, yes, there are 30,000 missing children a year. 27,000 runaways, 2,997 kidnapped by the other parent in a custody dispute and 3 actual missing children. Wonder what the missing children experts are doing now? Global warming?

Did all the acid evaporate out of the rain? Problem seems to have dried up and blown away!

Finally, there is that dog thing. In my lifetime, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Dobermans and Pit Bulls have been Viscious Dogs Trained To Clamp Down and Not Let Go That Turn On Their Owners. This twaddle ties up the news for weeks, then stops abruptly.

If you can explain, please do.

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by Researcher]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join