It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to hand Taiwan to China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Not surprised at all really.

We all know how China lusts after Taiwan and since the chinese swallowed up Hong Kong so nicely it shows that they have the capability to take on Taiwan too.

My theory is this:

we let them have Taiwan and they deal with North Korea.

anyways here is a link to an article on this:

news.yahoo.com...

tmpl=story2&cid=516&u=/ap/20031209/ap_on_re_as/us_china_031209191025&printer=1

so will China take out Lil Kim?

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by THENEO]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
In a perfect world, we would support Taiwan. Unfortunetly, our world is far from perfect. War with China would be a bad idea. If the people cant stomach less than 500 casualties in Iraq (and possibly Aghanistan combined) they could never stomach an all out war with China.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sorry but the truth is US can mess with the kids...

But its scared to mess with someone its onw size...

Thats one of the things I dislike US in.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:03 PM
link   

My theory is this:
we let them have Taiwan and they deal with North Korea.

I agree

either that our we trade them Taiwan to let us do a first strike nuke on North Korea

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Langolier
In a perfect world, we would support Taiwan. Unfortunetly, our world is far from perfect. War with China would be a bad idea. If the people cant stomach less than 500 casualties in Iraq (and possibly Aghanistan combined) they could never stomach an all out war with China.

This is true all around. Just ignore Russian on this subject, his life is so miserable he has to warm himself with the idea of Russian military prowess. I guess you gotta do what gets you through the night.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

This is true all around. Just ignore Russian on this subject, his life is so miserable he has to warm himself with the idea of Russian military prowess. I guess you gotta do what gets you through the night.

HAHA....

Ok what did I say wrong???

I told the TRUTH!!!

US is scared of China!

Also I know Russian military is not as strong as the US military!!!

I never tried to prove Russian military stronger!

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by Russian]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by THENEO

HAHA....

Ok what did I say wrong???

I told the TRUTH!!!

US is scared of China!

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by Russian]

mmk, you dont understand do you? its never good to war with an equal if its for economic purposes(ie: oil), you'd be a horrible leader to not think twice about such things, no country is stupid enough to attack another who has ICBM's.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Russian,

okay I will agree with you to a point.

I think that the US would defeat China but it would be a battle best not faught and especially if the US has to go to China to do it.

mind you there is Korea and Japan to consider too. What would they do? But you may argue that North Korea and who knows who else would want to join in.

It is better to not fight wars that cost too much and pay so little in return. That is why from the standpoint of economics and strategy, it made good sense for the US to go into Iraq.

top topics

join