It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more marijuana for me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Greeting cats.

About four years ago I started smoking pot on a fairly regular basis and only yesterday did I decide to finally put a halt to it. I had realized that there were more things I didn't like about being stoned than I liked about it. I felt my memory recall slipping away, weight being added to my thighs (the munchies you know!), and an overall reduction in energy... all things I don't want! The thing is, although I know I don't want to smoke marijuana, I am addicted to it; this means I crave it and unless I'm busy it's on my mind, which is making not smoking quite the task. I have tried to smoke in moderation, but that doesn't work when you are addicted to something so this is my first real attempt to quite, cold turkey!

I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and if so I would like them to share with me... maybe I can learn tricks as to lessen the cravings. I guess I'm also looking for a bit of a support system as I embark on this journey... Any suggestions, comments etc... would be appreciated.

-JAH

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hmm... Seems like it's addicting only in countries where it's banned. Could be the quality of it.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Not myself, but an aquintance of mine used clove cigarettes to go off marijuana... Worked for her, might work for you...

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I smoke weed and choose to continue. I have Incredible Hulk style mood swings when I'm not stoned. It helps me be less bi-polar.

Still, do what you gotta do. Good luck.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I smoke weed and choose to continue. I have Incredible Hulk style mood swings when I'm not stoned. It helps me be less bi-polar.

Still, do what you gotta do. Good luck.

But..is it the green leaf that might be causing the mood swings? When did you start smoking it...and when did the mood swings start...eh? I...myself..use everything in moderation...including alcohol...green leaf...cigarettes.........hrmmm....ouch...maybe I should narrow down what I use in moderation...you think? You would think that moderation would mean abstain from overall usages too...tally it up..........damn.

AF1

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I started smoking pot about 7 months ago. I smoke everyday, almost all day. I've actually noticed an increase in the things I do. I even started working out again. I play the guitar a lot too. My grades have gone up, and I'm second in charge at my job. Marijuana has helped me more than anything.

For some strange reason I never really get the munchies either.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
I started smoking pot about 7 months ago. I smoke everyday, almost all day. I've actually noticed an increase in the things I do. I even started working out again. I play the guitar a lot too. My grades have gone up, and I'm second in charge at my job. Marijuana has helped me more than anything.

I have had similar beneficial experiences from my intake of pot. I smoke pot every day. I have found drugs as a gateway to more free thought and ideas, especially musically. My grades have not been effected.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I highly suspect that this depends on the quality and purety of the joints.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'll smoke it for you, I was going to quit, funk that.

Dec 8th was my last day of probation.

My weed makes me energetic, you smoking a lot of mexican dirt weed or something? I noticed if I smoke a group of schwag I get so damn tired, headachy man, just say no to mexico lol.

Right now at 1:14pm CST I am about to blaze up.

But the fact that you stopped smokin' is cool cause I know I can't. I mean I could be I don't want to. I've gone 9 months without smoking before and it sucked ass.

Think I've been smokin' since I was 13. so... nearly 9 yrs

Damn starting age man.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
So some of you think it's the type of weed I smoked that caused all the negative side effects I mentioned eh? Not unless green, sparkly stuff was the cause :shk:
?? I live in Seattle, not San Diego, come on! No-one smokes mexican brown weed around here, hell most don't even know what the heck it is.

I think the main reason I don't want to smoke anymore is because I hate the idea of being addicted to something and with all those "other" side effects I started to experience in excess, I just couldn't justify it to myself. Anyway... if it works for you smoke on!

Thanks Gazrok for the suggestion about smoking cloves, but that was one habit I already got rid of

-JAH

top topics

join