It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OLYMPICS: Shotputter fails dope test

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Slovak shotputter Milan Haborak has tested positive for a banned substance and left the Olympics, the Slovak SITA news agency reported today.

Team spokesman Anton Zerer refused to comment on the report which said 31-year-old Haborak's sample, taken at last month's IAAF Super Grand Prix meeting in Madrid, tested positive for a substance containing a banned hormonal compound.

"I really am sorry because I was really looking forward to competing (in Athens). I trained long and hard. But I do not know that I took something that is banned," SITA quoted him as saying before leaving Athens.

Haborak holds the Slovak record for the shot put and placed eighth in the 2003 world championships in Paris.

He is the first Slovak to be disqualified from the Olympics and is considering having his B sample tested as he passed four other tests during this year, according to SITA.

"Two of the tests were done at short notice and all were negative ... I really do not think I have taken anything that is banned," he said.

Reuters

join