It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: OTHER: CYCLING: Armstrong wants one more tour victory

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The world's leading cyclists received the news they most dreaded on Friday when Lance Armstrong said that he will return to the Tour de France, at least one more time.

Armstrong was back in Texas celebrating his sixth successive Tour win with a parade in his adopted home town of Austin, and the 32-year-old has said that he hasn't finished yet.

"I'll definitely be back to the Tour," he said, "I think I have another year or two in me. That's not just a random number. It's what I think that my body can stand," he said.

Armstrong, who recovered from testicular cancer to return to the tour, cherished his record-breaking sixth win in France as much as the first that he may never have achieved but for his incredible determination.

"This one is special because it's the one that set a record and made cycling history," he said. "Number seven is not an obsession like number six was."

Hope at least for Ivan Basso, Jan Ulrich and the rest of the tour in 2005, but even if it is not an obsession, Armstrong will still be there, and that may just be enough for a seventh win.

Sky Sports

Ben

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
You show them what your made of Lance lol

new topics

join