It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: MLB Rumors and News 13/08/04

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Will Reds deal Casey?
Cincinnati Enquirer

The Enquirer's John Fay reports that there is a chance that the Reds could deal Sean Casey and move Ken Griffey Jr. to first base.

Wagner may be eyeing move to Virginia
Philadelphia Daily News

The Daily News' Marcus Hayes reports that the thought of signing with the Expos (if they move to Virginia) intrigues Phillies closer Billy Wagner.

Mariners hoping to re-sign Villone
Seattle Times

The Times' Bob Finnigan reports that the Mariners have begun contract talks with Ron Villone's agent.

Cubs could add Vander Wal to bench
Daily Herald

Daily Herald columnist Bruce Miles writes that the Cubs may try to acquire Cincinnati's John Vander Wal.

Mets among teams pursuing Morales
New York Post

The Post's Mark Hale reports that the Mets, Yankees, Red Sox, Mariners, Angels and Marlins are all interested in Cuban defector Kendry Morales.

Indians chatter
Cleveland Plain Dealer

Don't be surprised if the Pittsburgh Pirates sign outfielder Alex Escobar, who was released by the Indians Wednesday.

Come Back, Shane?
New York Daily News

Yanks GM Brian Cashman called Shane Spencer's agent yesterday to see if Spencer, released by the Mets after a DUI arrest, would be interested in providing some outfield insurance for the Yanks by playing at Triple-A Columbus.

Twins may keep Guzman
St. Paul Pioneer Press

Cristian Guzman (.278 batting average) is playing so well that he might force the Twins to pick up his $5.25 million option for next season. Guzman is making $3.725 million this season.

Finding the money
Denver Post

Jeromy Burnitz's agent plans to resume contract discussions with Rockies general manager Dan O'Dowd today. Burnitz wants to remain with the Rockies, but at a fair price.

Rumors and News sources

Fox Sports

Pro Sports Daily

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Rockies can probably just dump Burnitz at the end of the year, put him in any other ballpark and his numbers arent quite as inflated.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Though I like Griffey alot. I would rather deal Griffey than Casey. unlike Griffey, Casey has produced and hasn't gotten hurt. I'd rather take my chances with a player that likely not to get hurt. The injuries Griffey has sustained will take some stuff off of him the next year or two.

new topics

join