It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO at Rendlesham

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just recently I learned of this British "Roswell" (how did I not know). Now the SciFi channel is about to do a full expose with Bryant Gumbel.( www.scifi.com... ).

Everything I have read however, points to a hoax, including this link to the BBC which has spoken to the guy that claims to have been playing a prank.
www.bbc.co.uk...

So what do people out there think? Know more about this? Hoax? Real?

Be great to get more info....

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Interesting... The Sci-Fi Channel is really buckling down in the attack eh? Rendlesham is well known to most British UFO buffs... Should be an interesting show... Wasn't blown away by the Kecksburg show, saw little if anything I didn't already know... Likely the same here, but eh, even one thing more is still one more piece....

My last opinion on it was that it was a hoax...but I still had doubts... Will have to read up on this one again, and maybe I'll come to a final opinion on it...

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I have a book on this incident - "From out of the blue".

IT was pretty convincing... And said to have a lot of evidence of it. E.g... Audio tapes, and pysical evidence.

I didn't think it was a hoax... And have never heard of it refered to as a hoax. I though that just this year the police in that area came forward and admitted that the event did occur?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Was real. Don't listen to what people will try to tell you about it being false.

The reason that it scared both US and UK governments is the fact that as 'it' flew over, hovered over, and even landed at rendelsham, there was strange readings from the missiles in the area of the incident.

Don't you think it's odd that only one person is stepping forward and saying that he thinks it was a hoax, when there were over a dozen eyewitnessess to the event?

The truth is that the people higher up are very afraid of what that craft was actually doing where it was, over a supposedly 'secure area', and causing local long-range ordinance to behave erratically (much like the incident in I believe it was minnesota, where the one of the bases there lost direct control of the Nuclear arms underground in the surrounding area, after an 'unidentified' craft hovered over the base for several minutes. when the ICBMs came back online, they had discovered that many, if not all of the launch codes had changed...

However, all this that I have presented is merely scraped from my battered memory, and may or may not be entirely accurate. You can rest assured, though, that everything I've said is at least based in fact.

Well, enjoy.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yea Loki... I still think it was real. No matter what people try to make you think.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Rendlesham was no hoax. IMO, you havern't been reading enough or aren't wanting to see the event for what it was.

Several highly trained military men witnessed this event. To think they were the victims or perpetrators of a hoax for over three hours is ridiculous. Nothing similar happened before or prior to this event and none of the men involved were anything but dutiful soldiers. Imagining a light house as a UFO doing lots of weird things is crazy, just as it would be to think that other people were out in the forest fooling these soldiers. This story has never been debunked and the multiple witnesses, declassified documents and audio prove SOMETHING happened. That something was very much a UFO event and its been ignored for almost 24 years now.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'll admit that I can't really recall my exact feeling on it...I was simply leaning towards hoax, as I thought I would have remembered more about it, if I thought of it as real. In any case, I am going to hold my idea of it, until I see the show, and then research it myself afterwards (as the show may give me some great starting blocks...)

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I too think that Rendlesham was real and don't ignore the military connection either.

Fortunately for the controllers it makes it easier for them to control perceptions about this 'flap' but the fact that it still is a matter of contention, like Roswell still is, shows how significant it was.

Let us know what the show looks like and if they have anything new to say.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have no doubts about Roswell...

The government only reinforces it, every time they try to explain it, as they do a pretty piss poor job of it (i.e. trying to tell us that crash dummies used in tests almost a decade later, are to blame for the "bodies" reported...
), or asserting that a trained army intelligence officer, assigned to the worlds only existing atomic bomber base, would somehow mistake a downed balloon, for a downed saucer!

The idea is far from idiotic...it's downright ludicrous!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Indeed. I have no real opinion myself. I honestly only heard of this last night seeing the the SciFi Channel preview. How I missed this? I have no idea.

My first thought was to check out ATS. Then I looked at a few web sites. I was very suprised to find the hoax info and quite frankly, did not believe that much. One guy flashing his lights? My first thought was who paid him to say that?

Anyway, I am enjoying learning more. Love new mysteries and it is new...to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I have no doubts about Roswell...

The government only reinforces it, every time they try to explain it, as they do a pretty piss poor job of it (i.e. trying to tell us that crash dummies used in tests almost a decade later, are to blame for the "bodies" reported...
), or asserting that a trained army intelligence officer, assigned to the worlds only existing atomic bomber base, would somehow mistake a downed balloon, for a downed saucer!

The idea is far from idiotic...it's downright ludicrous!

I agree Gazrok about Roswell.
Mainly for me...I had a relative called in to see and do work on the craft. He is dead now (died in his late 70's) but it is a long amazing story. Suffice it to say he only told a few people in the family long after it happened because he did not believe the Government should continue to hide it.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A good overview of the Rendlesham Forest UFO event.

A link to the declassified reports on this event

The documents prove this was real event. Cognitive dissonance would be the only reason to think otherwise.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
2 good books on the subject are "left at east gate" and "you can't tell the people"

personally, i don't think it was a hoax.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Heelstone,

cognitive dissonance explains a lot of people's reactions to negative truths (negative to them of course).

It is something that each of us must try to see in ourselves.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
A good overview of the Rendlesham Forest UFO event.

A link to the declassified reports on this event

The documents prove this was real event. Cognitive dissonance would be the only reason to think otherwise.

Great links Heelstone!

I can see why I heard the term "larger than Roswell" on tv last night. Great info.

top topics

join