It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: DT runs over Panther official with cart

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- All-Pro defensive tackle Kris Jenkins accidentally ran into a member of the Carolina Panthers' staff with a golf cart Wednesday as he was driving it toward practice.

Gene Brown, Carolina's director of security, was talking on his radio when Jenkins hit his legs and knocked him over. Jenkins came close to running him over before he was able to stop the cart.

Brown had cuts and scrapes on both legs, as well as bruising and soreness. His legs were wrapped in ice for much of the afternoon and he said they were sore.

"I just feel terrible for him," Brown said. "He's been over to apologize to me about 50 times. He feels awful. I keep telling him I'll be fine."

Jenkins, who has been known to play around on the golf carts that often take players to and from the practice field at Wofford College, refused comment.

Ben

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
ummm, how could he possibly run over a dude? was he like not paying attention. lol.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
ummm, how could he possibly run over a dude? was he like not paying attention. lol.

Defensive tackle, might have been eating a hogie. I just couldn't resist.

Ben

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well Defensive Lineman are 'stupid' according to NFL Live, or not as bright as Offensive lineman.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
have you ever taken a golf cart out, either golfing or not? they are fun, sure they don't have any HP and don't really get up off the line very fast but they are so much fun to drive. he was probably just screwing around making sharp turns trying to tip it over and wasn't paying attention to what was in front of him, and since the guy wasn't hurt too bad it's really a non issue, but i can almost gaurantee it won't happen again. the only thing that really came of this is the confirmation that defensive linemen aren't that smart. watch were you're going moron.

Ben

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
yup i think anybody could tell you d-lineman arnt smart.

top topics

join