It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: Yankees' Giambi Cleared To Play

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
NEW YORK - The New York Yankees soon will have another potent bat back in their lineup.

Yankees first baseman Jason Giambi, who has been on the disabled list since July 24 with a benign tumor, has been given clearance to resume playing, the team announced Tuesday.

"After consultation with doctors at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital on Monday, New York Yankees first baseman Jason Giambi has been cleared to resume baseball activities immediately," Yankees team physician Dr. Stuart Hershon said in a statement.

Giambi is to get back into playing shape with the Yankees' Class A affiliate in Tampa before rejoining the team.

A former American League Most Valuable Player who has been fatigued for much of the season, Giambi was diagnosed with a parasite on June 29. He underwent a battery of tests in late July for his condition, which had failed to improve.

The 34-year-old Giambi has played in only 70 games this season, batting .221 with 11 homers and 36 RBI. He has gone hitless in his last 19 at-bats.

Ben

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Good to see him back after that scare though.

TRD

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The way they was talking you thought he might have been out for longer. They was saying the whole season at one stage.

[Edited on 10/8/04 by TRD]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
i have to wonder about this one, i am glad to hear he is back and apparently healthy, but it seems to me that there is something missing here, it was only a couple of weeks ago that they found the tumor, i just don't think that this is the whole story

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yeah, soemthing does not seem right with this story. Shouldn't he be getting treatment?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It was a benign tumor correct?... so yes, he has been cleared to play since it does not threaten his health...but they didn't say that he will actually play, nor that he is feeling any better.

Ben

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
well him working out and such, it could mean that he could be back by the playoff's.

new topics

top topics

join