It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals and Spirits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by xenongod

Right...so I take it you believe in evolution then. Another topic to debate sometime...and believe me...evolution/creation walk hand in hand. Do you see giraffes running around on Mars...no...bacteria...no. There needs to be an equalibrium in "nature" for living things to exist. Our own earth contains the PERFECT planned system..with all that crawls...walks...and slithers upon the ground...and even flies in the air...etc...it keeps the biosphere...meaning all living things..including trees and plants even....equal out so everything can exist...and live. Without one...there would be none. Here's a strange new topic I should start....do plants have souls and can see spirits?...ask one.

First of all, there has been numerous and different kinds of evidence of Evolution (as some members have posted in that evolution thread). I have yet to find evidence for creationism. I have found only indications. And yet I also believe that there is a creator and that it has formed the universe by the ways that science is discovering and have been discovering over the past few centuries. Once again xenongod, do not assume what I think and what I believe in.

Anyway, back to the topic.

Check this out...

Paranormal Pets

Okay...you started to go on the offensive with me...because I mentioned faith....you hyporcrite. There again...you mention evolution...and did I not say they walk hand in hand?...nothing has been proved..both evolution and creationism are indications. I also believe there is a creator...and to sum it up....He is SCIENCE!! What has been proven to a degree...has pointed towards there being a creator...a God.

-------------------------------
It would seriously undermine your claim that God put them only on Earth.
--------------------------------

Let me know when life is discoverd elsewhere...please....then we will talk..other than that...God does exist....hrmmm?

-------------------------------------
Was I trying to prove or disprove what you were saying?
Am I a disgruntled forum watcher who is out to get someone only because of their faith? Don't assume and don't generalise please.

And I was suspecting that it would be related to your faith.

---------------------------------------------------

Uh..yes...you pointed it out yourself...can't take back words that are typed and saved...eh?

You are generalizing me...thinking that just because of my faith in God...I believe in just one way of creation.

You are wrong...like I said before...both creation and evolution are only indications of how the universe came to be. They both make sense...of course...and there will never be any 100% proof of how it all was done.

If people can sense spirits and such...why not animals too? I am getting so sick of hypocrites on this site...say one thing...and do another. Why won't anyone take me up on the challenge of putting together a good debate on Evolution vs. Creation...you know why...because they both are only indications...there is no proof. The only proof you need...is that you..yes you...are alive and walking and talking upon this earth...respect it.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by xenongod]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Okay...you started to go on the offensive with me...because I mentioned faith....you hyporcrite. There again...you mention evolution...and did I not say they walk hand in hand?

Yes I know you said they go hand in hand. And I described something quite similar to yours that you would've seen if you had read it right.

...nothing has been proved..both evolution and creationism are indications. I also believe there is a creator...and to sum it up....He is SCIENCE!! What has been proven to a degree...has pointed towards there being a creator...a God.

The mere fact that we are running out of working antibiotics is evidence of evolution. And I'm not saying that the theory is 100% either. I was just saying that there is evidence for evolution.

Let me know when life is discoverd elsewhere...please....then we will talk..other than that...God does exist....hrmmm?

Look, it doesn't make any sense that God would put animal life in 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001 %(and less) of the possible places in the Universe. What is the rest for? Decoration?

Uh..yes...you pointed it out yourself...can't take back words that are typed and saved...eh?

And that sentence makes you think that I was just there to prove and disprove what you were saying??? Again you're assuming.

You are generalizing me...thinking that just because of my faith in God...I believe in just one way of creation.

I was referring to your post and only your post and nothing else. And I did suspect because of your faith

You are wrong...like I said before...both creation and evolution are only indications of how the universe came to be. They both make sense...of course...and there will never be any 100% proof of how it all was done.

Nope, there has been emprical evidence for evolution. Tested in scientific ways. Whether God meant it to be so, at the moment one can only speculate.

If people can sense spirits and such...why not animals too I am getting so sick of hypocrites on this site...say one thing...and do another. Why won't anyone take me up on the challenge of putting together a good debate on Evolution vs. Creation...you know why...because they both are only indications...there is no proof.

I repeat what I said above and I showed it in the popular evolution thread last week or so.

The only proof you need...is that you..yes you...are alive and walking and talking upon this earth...respect it.

Well Iave my own personal experiences. Those are the only things that I believe at least 99% in. The rest, including evolution is less. But that God would put animal life on only one planet ot of the trillions and trillions of other possible planets in the entire universe doesn't make sense at all.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetalHead
I expect this have been brought up a number of times...
But along with my question I am posting an experience my parents have told me a lot of times:

Do animals pick up things we humans don't? On a spiritual level, or sound level that is.
MT (my take)=perhaps on all SENSORY functions...see/hear/taste/feel/smell...BUT the Spiritual realm is probably only a human construct, for & by humans only?

The experience my parents have told me about is this:

I don't know how long ago it happened, but it was before I was born..
The experience happened in a certain house. They would be doing normal everyday things, when the dogs would start barking madly at something in a corner.
MT=varmits or critters in crawlspace, inside walls...? maybe even light reflections in those dark corners...dogs are smart enough to recognize that sorta anomoly, now thay couldn't explain what was happening & all--but they can 'tell' you to 'investigate', they are mans best friend, nes pa?

There was nothing in the corner, but the dogs went mad.
Plus at certain times in the day, the dogs would refuse to go into the kitchen - which was at the back of the house.
MT=again, something the dogs are alert to & 'we' are not!! there is a whole lotta world going on all around us that we overlook/lack concern/casually pass off as inconsequential.these dogs might be conditioned to not approach the kitchen & food prep area...the human boss (alpha male) most likely shooed them out many times before,,,,sounds/smells/almost anything could be a 'trigger' for their 'conditioned' responses.

Another experience was that at night, the dogs slept in the same room as my parents - and at times in the middle of the night the dogs would get up, their neck hairs on end, and just bark, growl, etc towards the corner.
MT= revisit the varmit/critters/mice or something like a smell-or-odor of a pole cat or whatever...you know there is a hub-bub around the RADON GAS causing sublime damage to healthy people and the gas is released from the mother 'gaia' earth and the house is a confined space....go figure

After years of this... My parents found out that underneath the house was an ancient burial ground - apprently it was used to bury 'witches' hundreds of years ago.
MT= urban legend, folklore...although steven kings pet semetary kinda resembles that remark..

Freaky, lol. Also my current dog has really really good hearing, my mu was winding up one of her watches, and the dog would stand there and growl at it. Becuase we assume she could hear it.
MT= could also be the hand-wrist motion...like the opening a [bad tasting ] medicine bottle the dog remembers//or maybe even the watch spring as you suggest...but the 'growling' suggests there is some unpleasantness associated with the sound in the dogs mind........

So do animals pick up things we don't?
And if they do... Does that mean there is a lot of things going around that we don't ever experience? Maybe things happening on another spiritual level? Is this a theory about sprits? That they are on this level?

MT= animals can attain a level-> that is in empathy with humans, or at a basic, primitive emotional affinity withhumans...but not up to a spiritual or soul level type of interchange with peoples (IMHO)
However, folkwisdom says, if you look-in the same direction as the cat or dog is looking-BUT from a point behind the pets head & between its ears...a human can 'see' what the animal is riled/growling/reacting to!!

MT= Spending a decade of years on a dairy farm in PA, you really got to observe the domesticated cow...one could give emotional attributes to individual cows, a personality as it were...much like youse guys with dogs & cat pets...but the size does make a difference, its amazing how a 1/2ton beast is conditioned to be 'mastered' by a 90lb 10 yr old...
and how at times, their large eye seemingly staring into space- is really looking at its master, the person that feeds, milks,curries, washes and cares for its well being, and the critter is trapped inside that non-speaking body, and probably has the same forms of desires like a comfy bed, 3 squares a day, nursing & doctoring when ill, seeking a warm serene environment, to relax in-& out of the hot sun, cold rain, bone chilling snow...sans predators , scavangers , thieves , dangers of the realm...
much like we people seek,,,
...however, we as 'masters', having dominion over these 'alien life forms' sometimes get TOO wrapped up in SELF....(& therefore PETA was originated)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join