It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Harrison looks to Williams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Audley Harrison hopes to take on Danny Williams, following the Londoner's stunning victory over Mike Tyson.

Williams shocked the boxing world with his defeat of the former world heavyweight champion and Harrison says a clash between the two could happen.

"Once I've taken care of Matt Skelton, make no doubt about it, I am coming for Danny," said Harrison.

"I welcome the opportunity to put my skills and heart against him. Danny, I will see you in the near future."

Harrison, who believes the bout against Skelton is close to being finalised, says he was impressed by Williams' display against Tyson in Louisville.

"To get super fights that capture the public imagination, you need two fighters who are household names and have the ability to put it all on the line for victory," said Harrison.

"He proved that against Tyson and I congratulate him on a great performance. "

However the Olympic gold medallist could not resist firing a barb at his would-be opponent.

"Very well done for Danny and now there's no more hiding in the shadows of Audley Harrison. You have now created your own public platform," he said.

"In truth it should always have been this way since he turned professional way before me.

"I should be chasing him rather than he calling me out at every opportunity, as it has been since I turned professional almost four years ago.

"He should bask in the glory; and maybe he won't be so envious of me in the future as he will see, when you produce substance in your career, you are thrust in the limelight and the rollercoaster begins."

Story from BBC SPORT:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Published: 2004/08/01 11:22:56 GMT

© BBC MMIV

new topics

join