It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Nets bolster backcourt

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
East Rutherford, NJ (Sports Network) - The New Jersey Nets added two free agents Friday with the signings of guards Jacque Vaughn and Rodney Buford. As per club policy, terms of the deals were not disclosed.

Vaughn, a first-round pick of Utah in 1997, averaged 3.8 points and 2.7 assists in 71 games for the Atlanta Hawks last season. The University of Kansas product sports career averages of 4.9 points and 2.9 assists in 457 games played.

Buford, a four-year veteran out of Creighton, spent the 2003-04 campaign with Sacramento after a year away from the league. He averaged 1.9 points in limited action for the Kings during the regular season and appeared in five playoff games in which he scored 2.4 points per contest.

Ben

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hopefully these will be good additions, it seemed as thouhg the NEts lost a lot of talent this off-season

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I had high hope sfor Jacque, but he seems to be a wnderer...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
A decent addition, since they better brace for losing Jason Kidd as well...

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

I thought Jacque was going to do well in the NBA too, he had a great career as a Jayhawk.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

I thought Jacque was going to do well in the NBA too, he had a great career as a Jayhawk.

At first I thought he was just impatient, not waiting longenough for Stockton to retire, but it seems he just doesn't have it in him to be great in the NBA. Too bad.

new topics

top topics

join