It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~Two Prophecies concerning Russia's Future~

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Two Prophecies Concerning Russia's Future
By Bishop Feofan of Poltava

Prophecy One
Oh, Russia, Russia! How terribly has she sinned before the loving-kindness of the Lord. The Lord God favoured Russia, and He gave her that which He had not given to a single other nation on earth.
And this nation turned out to be so ungrateful. She left Him; she rejected Him; and it is therefore that the Lord has given her over to be tormented by devils. The devils took up their residence in the souls of men, and the nation of Russia became possessed; literally, devil-ridden. And all the terrible things that we hear about what went on -- and what continues to go on -- in Russia: all the sacrilege, all the militant atheism and theomachy, -- all of this stems from her being possessed by devils.
But, through the inexpressible mercy of God, this possession will pass and the nation will be healed.
The nation will turn to repentance; to faith. That will occur, which none expects. Russia will be resurrected from the dead, and the entire world will be astonished. Orthodoxy in her will be reborn and triumph.
But that Orthodoxy which had existed formerly will be no more. The great startsy have said that Russia will be reborn; that the people themselves will restore the Orthodox Monarchy.
A mighty Tsar' will be placed upon the Throne by God Himself.
He will be a great reformer, and he will be strong in the Orthodox faith.
He will cast down the unfaithful hierarchs of the Church.
He himself will be an outstanding personality, with a pure and holy soul. He will possess a strong will.
He will be of the Romanov Dynasty, through the maternal line. He will be God's Chosen One, obedient to the Lord in all things.
He will transform Siberia. But this Russia will exist only for a very short time. Soon thereafter will come to pass that of which the Apostle John speaks in his "Apocalypse."

Prophecy Two
What I say, I do not say on my own authority. But, rather, it is that which I heard from divinely-inspired startsy; that is what I have conveyed.
The Lord will show His mercy to Russia, for the sake of the small number of true believers remaining in her.
In Russia, the startsy used to say, through the will of the people, the Monarchy and Autocratic rule will be restored.
The Lord has forechosen the future Tsar'. He will be a man of burning faith, of brilliant mind and of iron will. First of all, he will bring about order in the Orthodox Church, by removing all the false, heresy-preaching and lukewarm hierarchs.
And very many indeed -- almost all, with few exceptions -- will be those removed by him; while new ones, true and steadfast hierarchs, will take their place. Through the female line, he will be from the lineage of the Romanovs.
Russia will be a mighty state, but only for "a short time."?
After that, the antichrist will come into the world, with all the horrors of the end, as described in the Apocalypse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translated from the Russian text into English by G. Spruksts. English-language translation copyright � 2001 by The St. Stefan Of Perm' Guild, The Russian Cultural Heritage Society, and the Translator. All rights reserved
www.rocor.org.au...

And here is a Lecture given at the Youth Conference
of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia,
San Francisco, August 3, 1981
by Blessed Hieromonk Seraphim (Rose)

RUSSIA'S MESSAGE TO THE WORLD

In the book which most thoroughly describes the events to occur at the end o the world, the Apocalypse of St. John the Theologian, at the opening of the seventh seal, which precedes the final plague to come upon mankind; it is said that there was silence in heaven for the space of half an hour [Apoc 8:1].
Some have interpreted this to mean a short period of peace before the final events of world history � namely, the short period of the restoration of Russia, when the preaching of world-wide repentance will begin with Russia � that �new, ultimate word� which even Dostoyevsky hoped Russia would give to the world [Pushkin Speech, The Diary of a Writer, tr. Boris Brasol, New York, George Braziller, 1954, p. 980].
Under present world conditions, when the events of one country are known to the whole world almost instantly, and when Russia, cleansed by the blood of its martyrs, indeed has a better chance than any other country to awake from the sleep of atheism and unbelief � we can already conceive the possibility of such an event.
As Father Dimitry Dudko and others have said, it cannot be that the blood of Russia's innumerable martyrs will be in vain; undoubtedly it is the seed of the last great flowering of true Christianity.

Archbishop John ended his report to the 1938 Sobor with a prophecy and a hope that there will be a true Pascha in Russia that will shine forth to the whole world before the very end of all things and the beginning of the universal Kingdom of God:

�Shake away the sleep of despondency, O sons of Russia! Behold the glory of her suffering and be purified; wash yourselves from your sins! Be strengthened in the Orthodox Faith, so as to be worthy to dwell in the dwelling of the Lord and to settle on His holy mountain! Leap up, leap up, arise, O Russia, you who from the Lord's hands have drunk the cup of His wrath!
When your suffering shall have ended, your righteousness shall go with you and the glory of the Lord shall accompany you. The peoples shall come to your light, and kings to the shining which shall rise upon you.
Then Lift up your eyes and see: behold your children come to you from the West and the North and the Sea and the East, blessing you in Christ forever. Amen� [Ibid, p. 94].
There's more....
www.sisqtel.net...

[Edited on 12/9/2003 by helen670]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   
And here is another prophecy....
Orthodoxy and the Destiny of Russia

'And the gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.'

(Matt. 24, 14)

Orthodox Fathers, not least among them Blessed John (Maximovich), have interpreted the above verse in the following way: before the end of the world, Orthodoxy has to be preached to all the peoples of the Earth.

The fact that the Gospel has been translated, mainly through the efforts of Protestant missionary societies, into over a thousand tongues is not enough.
The fact that many peoples and tribes in the Americas and Africa have heard of the Gospel, mostly through the efforts of Roman Catholic colonists and administrators, is not enough. No, - the peoples of the world must understand the Gospel in spirit and truth, in other words, in the light of the fullness of the Christian Faith, in the light of Orthodoxy.

www.orthodoxengland.btinternet.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Russia, our holy great nation!

Russia, the country so dearly loved!

A powerful will, a tremendous glory,

Are your inheritance for future and past.

Refrain:

Glory to land of freedom and unity,

Nations as brothers united stand tall,

Given by ancestors, wisdom our national,

Glory, our land, we are proud of you!

From the southern seas to the polar region

Spread our forests and fields.

You are unique in the world, inimitable,

Native land protected by God!

Refrain.

Wide spaces for dreams and for living

Are opened for us by the coming years.

Faithfulness to our Fatherland gives us strength.

Thus it was, so it is and always will be!

Refrain:

Glory to land of freedom and unity,

Nations as brothers united stand tall,

Given by ancestors, wisdom our national,

Glory, our land, we are proud of you!

This is the new Russian anthem.

In Russia there is alot of missionaries.

They are all over Russia talking about God and preaching God.

Russia came from a anti-God country to a For-God country.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I truly hope that God takes root in Russia for the world's sake.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

God already took root!

its US that is going away from God!

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
These prophecies above and many others I have come across speak of Russia falling into sin and because of the sins of the people God allowed Russia to go through much suffering......as a cleansing process.

In the prophecies of Russia and the world....... Many faithful and dedicated to living a Christ like life await for the future of Russia, where Russia will show the world that Christianity has not died and Russia will be tranformed into a faithful and God fearing Nation......maybe poor in their surroundings, but Rich in Spirit !

God cares for all to come to the truth and waits patiently for people to ask for forgiveness and seek goodness instead of wickedness.....

There are in fact strong grounds for believing in a future resurrection of the Russian Church.
These strong grounds consist in the prophecies of the saints, which speak precisely about such a resurrection. But it is important to note that these prophecies do not state that the MP will gradually evolve into the True Church � that is, that good fruit will gradually begin to appear on the corrupt tree, transforming the tree from bad to good, from corrupt to life-giving.

On the contrary, St. Seraphim of Sarov
says that at that time �the Russian hierarchs will become so impious that they will not even believe in the most important dogma of the Faith of Christ � the resurrection of Christ and the general resurrection.

That is why it will be pleasing to the Lord God to take me from this very temporary life for a time and then, for the establishment of the dogma of the resurrection, to raise me, and my resurrection will be like the resurrection of the seven youths in the cave of Okhlon��

And then, continues the saint, he will begin the process of World wide repentance; for the absolutely necessary condition of true resurrection is repentance.

The prophecies speak, not of an evolution of the MP from evil to good, nor of the repentance of the bishops, but of a more or less complete removal of the higher clergy of the Church. The initiative for this will not come from well-known bishops, but from people unknown to the worldaccording to Elder Porphyrius of Glinsk (+1868): "In due course, faith will collapse in Russia. The brilliance of earthly glory will blind the mind. The word of truth will be defiled, but with regard to the Faith, some from among the people, unknown to the world, will come forward and restore what was scorned."

And the instrument of this restoration will be a True Orthodox Tsar. Thus Archbishop Theophan of Poltava, passing on the tradition of the Valaam elders, wrote: �... The Lord will have mercy on Russia for the sake of the small remnant of true believers. In Russia, the elders said, in accordance with the will of the people, the Monarchy, Autocratic power, will be re-established. The Lord has forechosen the future Tsar. He will be a man of fiery faith, having the mind of a genius and a will of iron.
First of all he will introduce order in the Orthodox Church, removing all the untrue, heretical and lukewarm hierarchs. And many, very many - with few exceptions, all - will be deposed, and new, true, unshakeable hierarchs will take their place.
He will be of the family of the Romanovs according to the female line. Russia will be a powerful state, but only for 'a short time'... And then the Antichrist will come into the world, with all the horrors of the end as described in the Apocalypse."

But will many people see this as a true prophecy?

I beleive that in the near future all these and many other prophecies will surely amaze many and from them, many will begin to suffer with humility .......as was prophecied by The Lord Jesus Christ Himself......

From that time forth began Jesus to show unto His disciples how that He must go unto Jerusalem and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests. (Matt. 16:21.23)

Like a thunderclap from a clear sky, so was the impression made upon the disciples by this revelation of the Lord concerning the sufferings which awaited him. Earlier He had told them that His path was also their path.
"You will be hated for My name's sake. The servant is not greater than his master. He who does not take up his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me."

And in the lives of Christ's true disciples there is a time of suf-fering the Passion, when each must enter his own Jerusalem, ascend his Gologtha, and the fateful Cross., and rake up the fateful cup-even unto death

www.roca.org...

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Sorry ......found some more info on the nd of times and Russia....

www.google.com.au...:nFoynjoaEIUJ:www.sisqtel.net/~williams/the-future-of-russia-and-the-end-of-the-world.pdf+St+Seraphim+of+Sarov+ prophecies+about+Russia+and+the+end+of+the+world&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Not sure why the link is not working?

But copy and paste it on the U.R.L ?(IS THAT THE TOP BAR )
Sorry on my inexperienced words on computer talk!

[Edited on 12/10/2003 by helen670]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I will post the website for you...
Russian...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
I will post the website for you...
Russian...

Thanks Russian!
How does one do that?
lol....sorry, I never actually tried to work it out

Thanks!

helen....

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

Thanks Russian!
How does one do that?
lol....sorry, I never actually tried to work it out

Thanks!

helen....

take your website and put inside of

your website

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
apparently before revolution, god did give the people of russia a chance to be spared. among those small groups who were led out and away from such tragedies was my grandmother and her family and many other family's and groups who took heed of god through the holy spirit. they were taken to china, to australia, and then even to canada.

this is an interesting series of events that my uncle spoke of, informed me of. i do not believe in the bible, entirely, or in at least the way they percieve it, but still cannot seem to deny what happened to my people during those times. it was a real thinker for me. if you want a long and detailed read, here's a link to my uncle's testimony regarding what the russian people went through and some of the miracles they witnessed. it's all through the eyes of someone who is obviously very solid in what they believe, so that's why it may appear very dramatic at parts.

enjoy. www.temcat.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Orthodox Christianity DO NOT WORSHIP icons!
We venerate them!
An Icon is a pic ......Should I say , MORE then just a PIC!
Having an Icon in your home, reminds one that the Saints and the rightous are with the Lord .....as Revelation says!

quote///// Like the icon, the gospels, the verbal icon, appeared after a period of preparation. St. Luke's preface to his Gospel (1:1-4) suggests three stages in the growth of the Gospel tradition. First came the events of Christ's life, his deeds, and the proclamation of the Kingdom, "the things which have been accomplished among us."
The second stage in this development came when these happenings were handed over by "eyewitnesses and ministers of the word."
Finally, in the third stage, the evangelists composed their Gospels. In all these three distinct periods, Christ is central. He is the origin, the one who is proclaimed, and the written Gospel bears his imprint and becomes his verbal icon.
The Church's enormous growth in the first decades after Pentecost demanded a written record for missionary expansion in the Hellenistic world, for instruction of new candidates, and for reading in worship.

Like the iconographers, the evangelists, faithful members of their communities, were inspired by the Spirit. They gave us not only the bare facts of words of Christ, but the meaning of these vents and words as well. They achieved a double task: to convey he experience of the living presence of Christ as well to record his public ministry.

The Gospels are not, nor could they be, a biography or a life of Jesus. The evangelists on the basis of their knowledge and experience could not separate the human from the divine in Him. Their Gospels therefore are the icon of Him who dominated the past history of the Church, who is present with us now, and who is awaited in the future.

The Gospels as written documents appeared in different geographical areas (Rome, Syria, Ephesus), and it is surprising how much they have in common to reveal to us about Christ. However far flung the origins of the written documents, all four evangelists incorporated the Palestinian traditions which originated in apostolic times, and the churches throughout the Hellenistic world of the first and second centuries authenticated these Gospels as true expressions of their faith.
The evangelists were not interested in creating their own portraits of Christ but in faithfully drawing on living tradition. It is worth noting that Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John did not include their names as authors of their respective Gospels; this authorship was attributed in the second century, when the phrase, "the Gospel according to..." was added.
As authors of the Gospels they had only one interest: to weave in words the icon of the Incarnate Lord out of the Church's teaching, witnessing, and worshiping. Like the icons, the Gospels are the Church's expression of and witness to its faith
www.jacwell.org...

If one has a pic of their loved ones, does that mean that they worship the PIC?
No,
It means that ,the pic tells a story and reminds us of the person depicted in that pic.....
It holds memories and effection of what is depicted, not that we WORSHIP the PIC!

helen....

deafence#, if You beleive in what that article spoke of, then you have to follow and do what the Apostles did!
Which is what Christ told them how they should be in their ministery and how they should spread the word of God........If one does as the Apostles did, then one cannot fail to follow the True Church of what Christ Himself founded!
quote///Tradition written down." "Unwritten Tradition" has also been preserved in our Church, from the Apostles themselves. As St. Paul said, "...stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter" (2 Thessalonians 2:15).

Like the early Christians, our religious practices are based on Old Testament sources, fulfilled in Christ. These include: synagogue worship; ceremonial meals (like the Last Supper); and the ritual of the Temple. Early Christian worship, as described in Revelation chapters 4 & 5, includes vestments, incense, bowing down in prayer, etc.

Our Icons (holy pictures) are not idols

Icon and idol are both Greek words - with very different meanings. An idol is literally an image of God that is "dreamed up" by human beings. By contrast, the Bible calls Christ Himself the "icon" or "image" of God seven times (example, Colossians 1:15).

Married men are ordained to the holy priesthood

Ever since New Testament times, most of our priests have had the choice to marry (See Titus 1:5-6). Priest is just a shortened form of the Greek word "Presbyter," meaning "Elder." We call them "father" as a natural term of respect for an elder in the Christian family (See 1 Corinthians 4:15-16).

Our Sunday Services are called the Divine Liturgy

A Liturgy is a service done by a liturgist (leitourgos) - in other words, a priest who leads his people in formal, "liturgical" worship.
In New Testament Greek, Christ and St. Paul are each referred to as a "leitourgos" (Hebrews 8:1-2 & Romans 15:16). Our Liturgy is the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist.

The divine Founder of the Church, our Lord Jesus Christ, said clearly, "I will build my Church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against Her" (St. Matt xvi, 18). To the Church, He sent the Holy Spirit. The Spirit descended upon the Apostles, the Spirit of Truth (St. John xv, 16f) Who "manifests all things" to Her and guides Her (St. John xvi, 13), protecting Her from error. Indeed, it was to declare this Truth to men that the Lord came into the cosmos, according to His own words (St. John xviii, 31). And Saint Paul confirms this fact in his letter to his pupil, the bishop Timothy, saying that, "the Church of the living God is the ground and pillar of the Truth" (I Tim iii, 15).

Because She is "the ground and pillar of the Truth," "the gates of Hell cannot prevail against Her." It follows, then, that the true Christian Church � palpably unique since Christ established but one Church � has always existed on earth and will exist to the end of time. She has received the promise of Christ, "I will be with you even unto the end of the age."
www.russianorthodox-roac.com...

Drawn by the grace of God, believers have always striven to frequent the church. As the righteous psalmist said of old, "O Lord, I have loved the beauty of Thy house, and the place where Thy glory dwelleth. ...

I was glad because of them that said unto me: Let us go into the house of the Lord" (Psalms 26:8 [LXX 25:7]; 122:1 [LXX 121:1]).

www.orthodoxphotos.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
well helen, you certainly seem to know your #. even though i find my family's history compelling and interesting, it still doesn't feel right for ME. one of my brother's just turned recently, so who knows"

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by THENEO

God already took root!

its US that is going away from God!

i could not agree more.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
in deed. russia needs to get a leader in that can striaghten out there goverment system first. i think if socialism could be reinstalled and ran right this time (having learned from there mistakes of the past). they could not only be a society close in religion, but also a world power.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a return of a tsar is unthikable and he would probably be assinated by communits.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
THE RESTORATION OF ROMANITY

The kingdom of this world
has become the Kingdom of our Lord
and of His Christ. (Revelation 11.15)

www.geocities.com...

to understand prophecy one must know why things did happen and what they mean for the whole world...

www.romanitas.ru...

Introduction by Father Demetrios Serfes:
"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God that in due time he may exalt you.
Cast all your anxieties on him,
for he cares about you.
Be sober,
be watchful.
Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
Resist him,
firm in your faith." (In the 1st Holy Epistle of the Apostle Peter 5:6-9).

Here the Holy Apostle Peter urges us to humble ourselves beneath the strong hand of God,
so that he can lift us up in the appropriate time -- urging us to not be concerned for earthly things,
but to throw the care of our lives onto God,
Who is our provider.

We are currently living in Apocalyptic times!

www.geocities.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bushfriend
a return of a tsar is unthikable and he would probably be assinated by communits.

Hey!

So sorry for the late reply to the thread......

Since reading the news lately, there seems to be quite an interest in bringing back the Monarchy!
and must say.....Glory be to God.....

again, I apoligise for replying to this thread about a year late.....
hope it's not too late....

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The Tsar of Russia Grandson of Marie Nicholaievna Romanova has been found

This story you are about to read is the real events of the escape of my Grandmother the Grand Duchess Marie Nicholaievna Romanova and her brother The Tsarevich Alexsei Romanov as told to me by my adopted grandfather Sawo

shayne.net...

[edit on 18-12-2009 by michaelshayne]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelshayne
The Tsar of Russia Grandson of Marie Nicholaievna Romanova has been found

This story you are about to read is the real events of the escape of my Grandmother the Grand Duchess Marie Nicholaievna Romanova and her brother The Tsarevich Alexsei Romanov as told to me by my adopted grandfather Sawo

shayne.net...

[edit on 18-12-2009 by michaelshayne]

Hi michaelshayne/

Thank you for the information on the Romanovs....Ill have to check out that link.
It was a few years ago that I posted this...
thanks again.
ICXC NIKA
helen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join