It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: AUTO: NASCAR: Hamilton Jr. signs on for Cup racing

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hickory, NC (Sports Network) - The driver-crew chief team of Bobby Hamilton Jr. and Harold Holly will take the reigns of the No. 32 Tide Chevrolet full- time in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series in 2005. The announcement was made on Wednesday by PPI Motorsports.

Hamilton Jr. owns five wins driving the No. 25 car in the NASCAR Busch Series, and finished a career-best fourth in the series in 2003. He has 19 Cup starts under his belt, including five this year with the No. 9 car.

"All I can say is I'm more than ready to go Cup racing," said Hamilton Jr. "I'm excited about this chance to drive full time in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series for PPI Motorsports in the No. 32 Tide Chevrolet. What makes this even better is the chance to keep working with Harold."

Holly is Hamilton Jr.'s current crew chief with the Busch team, after working with Jeff Green from 1999-2001.

Hamilton Jr. will be taking over for the struggling Ricky Craven, who will end a four-year partnership with PPI at season's end.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
He need's to run a limited schedule in the cup series rather than jump in full time at least 7 races.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Where does this leave Ricky Craven?

Unemployed, I assume.

new topics

join