It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Rahman wins on second-round KO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
ROCHESTER, New York (AP) - Former undisputed heavyweight champion Hasim "The Rock" Rahman knocked out Terrence Lewis with a left jab that broke his nose 43 seconds into the second round Wednesday night.

It was Rahman's third consecutive second-round knockout and fourth straight victory overall this year since losing a shot at the WBA title to John Ruiz last December.

The fighter from Baltimore got his 32nd career knockout and raised his record to 39-5-1. Lewis, from Philadelphia, fell to 31-14-1 with his third straight loss.

Rahman used a plodding, workmanlike approach to put Lewis against the ropes from the start and bloodied his face, setting the stage for his thunderous finish.

After Rahman won the undisputed heavyweight championship with a shocking knockout of Lennox Lewis, only to embark on a four-fight winless, boxing experts considered him a one-punch wonder.

"I'm hungry and I'm willing to fight anywhere, anytime, anyhow," said Rahman, now in line for a rematch with Ruiz or a shot at No. 3 James Toney.

TRD

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Looks like he is steadily getting back into the swing of things. I reckon he will challenge for a title early next year and win.

join