It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Raiders release Rod Woodson after failing physical

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders released safety Rod Woodson on Tuesday after the 11-time Pro Bowler failed a physical.

The 39-year-old Woodson had a chronic left knee injury last season and underwent surgery in December. Woodson was placed on injured reserve Nov. 26. Woodson had said he'd like to return to the Raiders this season and doesn't want to end his career injured.

He had been playing with a sore left knee after having minor surgery last Sept. 9 to repair a meniscus he tore during training camp. He hadn't practiced all season and missed the team's second game against Cincinnati.

Woodson, a 17-year veteran who spent the last two seasons with Oakland, is third on the NFL's career list with 71 interceptions. His 1,483 yards on interception returns are the most in league history.

He was the first player to make the Pro Bowl as a cornerback, kick returner and safety during a career also spent in Pittsburgh, San Francisco and Baltimore. He was a member of the Ravens' Super Bowl-winning team.

AP NEWS

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Wow, I never thought I'd hear Rod Woodson fail a physical, he has been one of the most in-shape players for years. I hope he can return from his knee injury to play at least one more season.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
He is a bit on the old side, though.

new topics

join