It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: NFL News and rumors - July 25, 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Even with Namath, new Jets stadium might not happen

The New York Jets know when they need help, and they also know where to find it.

Which is why former quarterback Joe Namath is in Manhattan this week, talking tough about the organization's most daunting assignment since ... well, since Broadway Joe walked into Super Bowl III as an 18-point underdog.

Hutchinson lashes out at Cowboys

According to a report in the Dallas Morning News, Hutchinson said Friday the Cowboys told his agent they'd be waiving the quarterback before training camp opens next week in Oxnard, Calif.

While Hutchinson told the Morning News he's not surprised by the move, he said he's upset with the way the team handled it, not letting him go until after they signed Vinny Testaverde and traded for Drew Henson. Now Hutchinson says it hurts his chances of finding a job for next season.

Winslow likely late for camp

The Browns have had a few conversations with agents Carl and Kevin Poston regarding the contract for top draft pick Kellen Winslow Jr. But the odds of having a deal wrapped up by the opening of camp on Friday are incalculable.

Buccaneers, top pick Clayton agree to contract

TAMPA, Fla. -- Jon Gruden was half joking when he turned toward Michael Clayton to finish answering a question about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' expectations for the talented rookie receiver.

"We think he's got a chance to be outstanding," the coach said Friday. "We'll be very, very disappointed if he's not -- Mike."

Clayton, a first-round draft pick who signed a six-year contract worth about $13 million, fired a quick retort.

"I'll be very disappointed if I'm not -- coach," the former LSU star said.

News and Rumors sources

CBS Sportsline

Fox Sports

Pro Sports Daily

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Now Hutchinson says it hurts his chances of finding a job for next season.

Finding a job? What's Chad crying about, I saw him a few months ago quarterbacking for an NFL Europe team.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Winslow likely late for camp

The Browns have had a few conversations with agents Carl and Kevin Poston regarding the contract for top draft pick Kellen Winslow Jr. But the odds of having a deal wrapped up by the opening of camp on Friday are incalculable.

Call it a hunch, but just from watching this kid's brief career down in Miami, I think he's going to be trouble. He just seems like a "me" guy, I could be wrong. His dad was an awesome tight end and Junior has alot of potential, but like so many other players, he needs to shut his mouth and worry about football.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm with you, man, he's gonna be nothing but trouble. A Miami product, no less!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Even with Namath, new Jets stadium might not happen

The New York Jets know when they need help, and they also know where to find it.

That must suck not having your own stadium, how long have they been playing in Giants stadium in New Jersey now? Give them their own stadium, heck build it in Central Park.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If Broadway Joe cant get them a stadium, might as well hang it up.

new topics

join