It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Shaquille O'Neal thanks L.A. fans in newspaper ad

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Shaquille O'Neal took out a full-page advertisement in the Los Angeles Times on Sunday to thank fans for their support during his eight years with the Lakers, when he helped the team win three NBA championships.

O'Neal was traded last week to the Miami Heat.

"I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your incredible support over the last eight years," O'Neal said in the ad, which included a picture of him smiling and gripping a basketball in one hand. "I am moving on to the next chapter in my career, but I will never forget the support that you gave me."

The Lakers are rebuilding their team around superstar guard Kobe Bryant, who signed a seven-year contract worth more than $136 million. Rudy Tomjanovich will replace Phil Jackson as coach, and former Laker Vlade Divac, who was traded in 1996, will return to replace O'Neal at center.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
He should thank them, they only paid him over 100 million dollars. People sometimes forget that the fans pay the bills.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
He should thank them, they only paid him over 100 million dollars. People sometimes forget that the fans pay the bills.

True man, so true.

I can't beleive that Shaq actually made a classy move like this. I might have to re-think my opinion of him

new topics

join