It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: NFL News and Rumors 23/07/04

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
George crossed the line by dissing his linemen
Nashville Tennessean

"As contract negotiations soured and the unkindest cut loomed, George and his agent cranked up the volume of criticism. Their target: the offensive line. In their minds, the Titans had not spent enough draft choices or money on blockers who could clear running lanes for George. In short, George laid it on the line."

Woodson expected to skip Raiders camp
San Jose Mercury News

The Mercury News' Darren Sabedra reports that agent Carl Poston believes that there is a "negative 10 percent" chance that disgruntled cornerback Charles Woodson will be in attendance when the Raiders begin training camp.

Big money could spoil Ogunleye
Miami Herald

The Herald's Jason Cole reports that the Dolphins may be reluctant to sign defensive end Adewale Ogunleye to a blockbuster deal because there are fears that he is "too focused on money and might not perform if he gets paid up front".

Chargers don't think Rivers will hold out
San Diego Union-Tribune

The Union-Tribune's Jay Posner reports that Chargers GM A.J. Smith is optimistic that first-round pick Philip Rivers will be signed before the start of training camp.

Harris, Bears squabbling over contract
Chicago Sun-Times

The Sun-Times' Brad Biggs reports that Bears first-round pick Tommie Harris has backed out of a pre-draft promise to sign a six-year contract with the club.

Farrior signs five-year contract extension
Pittsburgh Tribune Review

"Farrior and the Steelers agreed to the terms of a five-year, $16.4 million contract extension that carries a $4.5 million signing bonus. He did not sign the contract, but that formality may occur as soon as today."

Evidence in McNair DUI case tossed
Nashville Tennessean

"The DUI charge against Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair will be dismissed unless Davidson County's top prosecutor decides to appeal a judge's decision to suppress evidence in the case."

News and Rumors sources

Fox Sports

Pro Sports Daily

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
God I hate this time of year. No football, I only watch NFL, no hockey, people moaning about their contracts. Not to meantion it's too damn hot.

Btw TRD, left you a u2u at ATS. No hurry.

TRD

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Hrmm no u2u. Did you send it to The Real Deal?

Yeah i'm looking ot the start of the season to see how the skins' do.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yeah, but I put it therealdeal. Do I need the spaces, didn't think that worked.

TRD

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yep you need spaces...

So who's going to win the superbowl?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Yep you need spaces...

So who's going to win the superbowl?

I reserve the right to wait until all the personnel movement is over. However, I think that this may be the year of the repeat. Pats are such a solid club on all 3 aspects of the game, well coached too.

TRD

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Still no u2u!

Pats!? hrmm i don't think they will do it this year. I'm holding out for my predictions aswell.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Sorry, just got it off. Had a question from one of my adopteds.

TRD

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Got it and replied.

The cowboys could be looking good this season.....

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Got it and replied.

The cowboys could be looking good this season.....

Parcells is good, not that good. 1 maybe 2 more seasons for him to tweek the WHOLE team. He's still dealing with player not contratually bound by him. Thus not players that he wants, or fit into his system. With Off., Def. and Special Teams, it takes time.

new topics

top topics

join