It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Rasheed signs new contract with Pistons'

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Auburn Hills, MI (AP) - The reigning NBA champion Detroit Pistons Friday re-signed forward Rasheed Wallace to a multi-year contract. Per team policy, terms were not disclosed.
[more
"I'm definitely glad to be coming back here," said Wallace. "It's good. It's definitely great to be back."

Wallace was the team's starting forward in 21 of the 22 games he participated in for Detroit last season. Wallace played 45 contests for the Portland Trail Blazers before being dealt to the Atlanta Hawks. His stay in Atlanta was brief, as he played just one game before being acquired by the Pistons in a three-team trade.

"We are pleased to have reached an agreement with Rasheed Wallace," said Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars. "Rasheed played a key role for us during the title run and keeping him here in Detroit was at the top of our offseason priority list. His talent and unselfishness on the court will continue to pay dividends for our team as we move forward."

Wallace averaged 16.0 points and 7.8 rebounds in 68 total games last season.

The Philadelphia native will be one of five returning starters for the Pistons. He will be backed up by Antonio McDyess, who was signed to replace Mehmet Okur.

Ben

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
it seems as thought that they kept all their players from last season, i wonder if they will be able to do a re-peat

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think a repeat is a definite possibility. Go East!

They looked really strong in the playoffs. they had alot of chemistry and played just wicked defense. Larry Brown is a great coach, I'd love to see him add an Olympic Gold medal this summer to add to his NBA and NCAA championships.

Signing Antonio McDyess shouldn't hurt either.

join