It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: HOCKEY: Bruins and Gill agree to contract

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Boston, MA (Sports Network) - The Boston Bruins and defenseman Hal Gill have agreed to terms on a one-year contract. Financial terms of the deal were not released.

The two sides were scheduled for arbitration on August 14.

"We're pleased that we were able to come to this agreement in advance of the arbitration process," said Bruins general manager Mike O'Connell. "We recognize that Hal is an important part of our defense and is one of our steadiest and most reliable players."

Gill has spent his entire seven-year NHL career with the Bruins. He played in all 82 games last season, posting two goals with seven assists for just nine points, but he was second among the club's blueliners with a rating of plus-16.

The 29-year-old native of Concord, Massachusetts was the 207th overall pick of the 1993 NHL Entry Draft and played four years at Providence College before joining the Bruins in 1997.

In 546 career NHL games, Gill has scored 19 goals and added 68 assists for 87 points.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Hey! Way to go Bruins. Now they've got two players!

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlsberg
Hey! Way to go Bruins. Now they've got two players!

So who are you discounting? Thornton or Samsomov? I've heard they have a pretty good goalie as well.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I don't believe Thornton is signed yet is he? Switzerland is nice in the winter I hear. Go Davos Go!!!!

[Edited on 7/21/2004 by Karlsberg]

new topics

top topics

join