It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Boxing News for 7/21/04

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
SportzNewz Daily Boxing News and Rumors from around the web.

Fiorletta retains title
Ivan Fiorletta retained his Italian super-featherweight title in Avezzano, Italy Tuesday night with a clear 10 round points verdict over Paolo Zanelli.

British Buzz: Williams news/Thompson vs Haye confirmed
Danny Williams roared with laughter when informed of the internet rumour that he had taken a beating in sparring ahead of his July 30 clash with Mike Tyson.

Lacierva scores ko win
Jorge Lacierva knocked out Jesus Perez in the sixth round Tuesday night at the Memorial Hall in Joplin, Missouri, to strengthen his claim for a shot at one of the world super-bantamweight titles.

Top Rank 'interested' in promoting Tyson
Top Rank's Bob Arum is interested in promoting Mike Tyson, but Arum said a deal with the former heavyweight champion wouldn't be possible until after Tyson's comeback fight July 30 against Danny Williams in Louisville, Ky.

Skelton set for Cole clash
Unbeaten British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion Matt Skelton will fight America's Alfred Cole at London's York Hall on Friday 30 July.

Khan happy with plans
Britain's sole Olympic boxer Amir Khan says controversy over his coaching situation has not unduly upset his preparations for the Athens Games.

Arturo Gatti prepares to defend WBC junior welterweight title against Leonard Dorin on home turf
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - When Arturo Gatti defends his WBC junior welterweight title Saturday against top-ranked challenger Leonard Dorin, he'll do so on familiar turf.

VETERAN COLE NEXT IN LINE FOR SKELTON
Matt Skelton's next opponent will be Al 'The Iceman' Cole.

The British and Commonwealth heavyweight champion takes on the former IBF cruiserweight champion over 10 rounds at the York Hall, Bethnal Green, on Friday, July 30.

[Edited on 21-7-2004 by Ocelot]

TRD

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thats interesting about Williams i never heard that. Seriously though he is talking pretty big about the fight, does anyone think he has a chance?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Thats interesting about Williams i never heard that. Seriously though he is talking pretty big about the fight, does anyone think he has a chance?

He has what every boxer has.... a puncher's chance. But I dont think he'll beat Tyson.

TRD

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Seriously i hope Tyson makes a complete fool of Williams, i just don't think Williams is that good a fighter.

join