It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: O'Neal kids around as he meets media in Miami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
MIAMI -- He was difficult to spot at first, when the semi-tractor trailer with the words "Diesel Power" on the side pulled up to the Miami Heat's arena.

Then he emerged from the cab, armed with a plastic water cannon, plenty of one-liners and a pledge sure to make headlines.

It could only be Shaquille O'Neal.

Subtle as a dunk, O'Neal made a grand entrance Tuesday at a rally welcoming him to Miami. As he shot water into the crowd of several thousand, a red carpet led him up the steps from Biscayne Boulevard to the arena entrance, where he said an even bigger celebration is in the Heat's future.

"Remember this," O'Neal told the fans. "I'm going to bring a championship to Miami. I promise."

source

CBS

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
no way he will never bring a ring to miami. sure he is the most powerful in the league & wade has skill that still aint gonna win anything. cassel and garnet & t-mac and yao & nash and amare will all take the heat. he shouldnt say things that he cant back up

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Yeah, that's a bit arrogant of him to say. Did you see on the NBA thread that Karl Malone, Horry, and Byron Russell are being talked about in Miami? They'd be breaking out the Geritol before any champagne!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
ya i heard that but the odds seem kinda small. but... no one ever thought that shaq would even end up there so u never know the possibilities.

new topics

top topics

join