It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Divac to re-join Lakers

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Vlade Divac has made his decision: Monday morning he told The Bee's Martin McNeal that he will sign with the Los Angeles Lakers. The 36-year-old Serb center, who is a free agent after spending six seasons with the Kings, said today that Sacramento was not willing to give him more than $3.43 million per season to stay with the club.

ESPN

"I called them and said, 'Let's do it,' " said Divac.

Divac, 36, is expected to receive the Lakers' full $4.9 million mid-level exception and formally sign a multi-year contract as early as Tuesday.

After making his decision final, Divac joined his close friend and teammate Peja Stojakovic at a basketball camp they run in Sacramento.

"Obviously he's sad," Divac said of Stojakovic. "But he knows how to work now in the NBA.

"I had a great time here. This is a community that I've always be a part of me. The peopleof Sacrament are wonderful. They made me an even better player, just like L.A. did in my first seven years."

Divac joined the Lakers in 1989 from Partizan Belgrade, spending seven seasons in Los Angeles. After two season with the then Charlotte Hornets, Divac joined the Kings in 1998.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hey Laker fans, I got a trivia question - wasn't Vlade the center who replaced Kareem?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Oh man that is a tough one...I'd like to say so but then I'd be sad if there turned out to be some obscure guy that was in there for a little bit

As for this signing...don't know if its exactly what LA is looking for but Vlade can still give a solid 20-30 minutes a game...I really think they shouldve gone the younger, more athletic route but Divacs and Grant platooning at center should be solid...if this was an eastern conference team, that is

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I can't honestly say that I feel bad for you Laker fans.

top topics

join