It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: LB Gildon agrees to Bills' 1-year deal

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
BUFFALO -- The Buffalo Bills will enter the 2004 season with one of the top linebacker units in the AFC after agreeing on a one-year deal with free agent Jason Gildon.

According to the online version of The Buffalo News, Gildon and the Bills reached an oral agreement worth about $1.25 million.

Gildon, a three-time Pro Bowl selection, was cut by the Pittsburgh Steelers in June for salary cap reasons. Gildon left the Steel City as the team's all-time sack leader with 77. Gildon also led the team in sacks for four consecutive years from 1998-2001. He had a career-high 13½ in 2000, but posted just six in 2003.

In 10 seasons with the Steelers, the 31-year-old Oklahoma State product has recorded 527 total tackles (415 solo) and two interceptions.

Gildon, who was drafted in the third round in the 1994 draft, joins talented linebackers Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher and Jeff Posey.

Copyright © 2004 The Sports Network

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
What a deal. I live only an hour from Buffalo but with Sunday Ticket, I never see them play, always something else I want to see. Didn't the Bills already have a good defence? If so, watch out Gildon will only make them better. He's got a few years left in him.

join