It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Trotter back with Eagles

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The Philadelphia Eagles and linebacker Jeremiah Trotter agreed to terms on a one-year contract Wednesday.

Trotter, who left the Eagles two years ago to sign with the Washington Redskins, must first pass a physical before the deal is official.

The Redskins released Trotter, 27, after Joe Gibbs was named head coach earlier this offseason. The move was made to free salary cap space for Washington.

In two years with the Redskins, Trotter recorded 204 total tackles. He didn't record a sack in his first season with the club after missing the final four games with a knee injury. In his second season, he did register 1 1/5 sacks in 16 starts.

Trotter spent the first four years of his career in Philadelphia, getting drafted out of Stephen F. Austin. He played in only eight games his first season, but then played in every game for the club over his next three campaigns. In his final three seasons, the 6-foot-1, 262-pounder recorded a total of 355 tackles, nine sacks and five interceptions.

He parted with the Eagles after the club refused to give him a long-term contract extension. Trotter, who demanded the Eagles remove the franchise tag from him, then signed a seven-year deal with Washington.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Good moves for all. He didn't do the job in DCX, but I'm sure that he is still a quality player, but hopefully not in Philly.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Good moves for all. He didn't do the job in DCX, but I'm sure that he is still a quality player, but hopefully not in Philly.

That's got to be eating you up Gibbs.

No worries, you'll have plenty of cracks at me this year. I hear the Niners are starting their waterboy at WR.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Trotter is a helluva linebacker and as a Cowboy fan I'm not glad to see him returning to Philly. They say his big problem is learning new systems and thats what hurt him in Washington, but he knows Andy Reid's defense very well and they are expecting him to return to his Pro Bowl form. It wont hurt playing next to The Freak either.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As much as I hate the Eagles, I dont think there's any question that they are this year's free-agency winners.

Adding Terrell Owens, Jevon Kearse, and Jeremiah Trotter to a team that has reached 3 straight NFC championships is a scary thought.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by truenorth
No worries, you'll have plenty of cracks at me this year. I hear the Niners are starting their waterboy at WR.

LMAO, that's too bad...

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
As much as I hate the Eagles, I dont think there's any question that they are this year's free-agency winners.

Adding Terrell Owens, Jevon Kearse, and Jeremiah Trotter to a team that has reached 3 straight NFC championships is a scary thought.

But they all have baggage -

Owens, well, that's just obvious.

Kearse, he needs to stay healthy the whole season.

And Trotter, he needs to prove what you said earlier is true.

new topics

join