It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: 3-Way Deal Involving Nomar, Unit?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
HOUSTON (AP) - The Boston Red Sox are considering a blockbuster deal that would bring them Randy Johnson and send disgruntled shortstop Nomar Garciaparra to the Chicago Cubs, the New York Times reported Wednesday.

In the possible three-way trade, the Red Sox would send Garciaparra to the Cubs for prospects, whom they then would send in a package to the Diamondbacks for Johnson, the newspaper reported, citing an American League executive with knowledge of the talks.

The Red Sox, who are 7 games behind the Yankees in the AL East, would desperately love to acquire the Big Unit -- and keep him out of New York.

Meanwhile, Garciaparra, who will be a free agent at the end of the season, has been unhappy with the Red Sox since they tried to acquire shortstop Alex Rodriguez in the off-season. The Red Sox star would be a huge upgrade at shortsop for the Cubs, who currently start Rey Ordonez.

[Edited on 14/7/04 by TRD]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
For some reason, I highly doubt it.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'd rather see Randy go to the Angels than the Red Sox or Yankees; even though I hate all three of those teams.

[Edited on 7/14/04 by Cannon]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
i am afraid that georgie would spend whatever it took to get the big unit...and to keep him out of boston, his hand is weakened in that he has already dealt the quality prospects in the yankee farm system so he doesn't have that leverage

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well if the Yanks do get him they better hope they win the pennant this year- it would be a disgrace if they didnt with how much they're spending now.

new topics

top topics

join