It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Pacers, Hawks near trade deal

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Asscociated Press - The Indiana Pacers are negotiating a trade that would send forward Al Harrington to Atlanta for Stephen Jackson, according to reports.

"We're close and hopefully it will be done soon. I'm definitely hoping it works out," Jackson told The Indianapolis Star on Saturday from his home in Port Arthur, Texas.

The teams would not be able to complete the deal until Wednesday when a two-week leaguewide moratorium on trades and free agent signings expires.

"We've had discussions," Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh told the Star. "I'm not going to confirm or deny a deal."

The Star reported Saturday night that the 26-year-old Jackson would sign a six-year contract worth $44 million with Atlanta and then be traded to the Pacers for Harrington. Harrington, who has two years and $13.3 million remaining on his contract, is one of the NBA's top sixth men but wants more playing time.

The 24-year-old was drafted 25th overall out of high school in 1998 by the Pacers. He averaged 13.3 points last season and 9.5 in the playoffs. Jackson averaged 18.1 points for the Hawks last season, his fourth in the NBA.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That is a real good trade for the Pacers. They trade Harrington who, while useful, will never be in their starting rotation, for Jackson, a proven scorer who can replace Reggie and provide legitimate scoring back-up to O'Neal & Artest.

Pacers could be even better next year if this trade goes through...

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I disagree...Jackson may be a good player, but his stats are inflated from being on the Hawks and overall I think is rather overrated.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Jackson is pretty good, and his stats were probably inflated a bit because of the Hawks, but it would stay the same with the Pacers. His stats wouldn't drop at all. It'sa a great deal for the Pacers. They are giving up a little secondary support, to get a good all aroound front line

new topics

top topics

join