It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Least likely cryptids...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
We like to talk about what we think is out there, but what about what we really DOUBT exists?

I truly doubt that the Chupa is out there.
Bunyip is probably right out also.
The Jersey Devil is a no go also.

What do you don't think is out there?

hrxll

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HerExcellency

What do you don't think is out there?

hrxll

Flesh eating teletubbies and honest politicians.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I also seriously doubt the Jersey Devil. I know, I may get shot down for this, but there really is no scientific precedent or explanation for such a creature, while most other cryptids have one.
Plus, the descriptions of it (with all the various body parts of different animals and everything) sounds ALOT like something you'd see if you were drinking like a sailor.

While I consider myself a very open-minded person, I think the chances of a 'Jersey Devil' exsisting are very, very slim. At least the way it's been portrayed anyway.
Still, it's kinda fun to think about though.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
groingrinder

LOL!!! Good one. But the canibal teletubies are in some kind of "grey zone", as we're not sure about 'em yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'll hop on the Jersey Devil bandwagon...

I also think the Mothman is highly unlikely

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I would have to say God. Does that count as a cryptid?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I would have to say God. Does that count as a cryptid?

I'll say, technicaly no.
But I would have to agree

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by exdog
I'll hop on the Jersey Devil bandwagon...

I also think the Mothman is highly unlikely

Oh yes...the Mothman phenomena was probably accidentally/intentionally release hallucingenics..or just bad chili...

hrxll

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Chupa must be out there....I refuse to believe...

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As far as chupa goes, well its seems its definitly something, what I have no real idea, but its gota be something. Jersey, well I havent researched this to any great extent. But I feel that the devil and the chupa may well be one and the same, it's quite common for creatures to be discribed differently in folklore by various communities.
So in a way It wouldn't suprise me if its a common occurance, in that many crytids, are actually the same thing that have been percieved very differently, and exagerated to such that they become seperate species.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by feygan]

ID

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ironically the two that I believe least likely to be in existence are also the two most talked about in here as of late. Those being Dragons and Vampires. I have stated my case for both of these in other posts, check um out if you want to know why I came to that conclusion, I am far to lazy to rewrite all of um.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Jup, Dragons and Vampires are highly unlikely. The Jersey Devil could be the same as the Chupa but I would but I woud
add Unicorns (if those are cryptids) .
(my first post on ATS :cool

top topics

join