It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Williams camp grows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Steve Murray and Takaloo are to join the Danny Williams training camp ahead of his 30 July fight with Mike Tyson.

Former British heavyweight champion Williams has set up in the USA to prepare for the biggest payday of his boxing career in Louisville, Kentucky.

And stablemate Murray is flying out to train for his British lightweight bout against Graham Earl at York Hall.

Takaloo will also be there as all three boxers fine-tune at New York's famous Gleason's Gym.

Williams believes has said he believes he will benefit from being unfancied when he meets Tyson.

"I have always wanted a fight where I have been the underdog and where there is no pressure on me," the 30-year-old told www.frankwarren.tv.

Williams' temperament has been queried following several lacklustre defeats but he is relishing fighting Tyson.

"Nothing is expected so I'll go out there nice and relaxed," he said.

"In the past, I've not been performing to my maximum but in this fight I think it will be different.

"I'm going to go out there all guns blazing and give it my best. I've got enough to give Mike Tyson some serious trouble."

Story from BBC SPORT:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Published: 2004/07/07 12:38:13 GMT

© BBC MMIV

[Edited on 7-7-2004 by Ocelot]

new topics

join