It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Sinclair to get last chance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Belfast boxer Neil Sinclair is to get his career back on track with a fight in London on 30 July.

Sinclair's future was in doubt after he pulled out of a scheduled WBU welterweight title fight last December.

Now promoter Frank Warren has been persuaded to give the 30-year-old Sinclair one last chance.

Sinclair's coach and manager John Breen said that once he gets over the hurdle of his first fight for 18 months he will be in contention for a title shot.

''There is a chance that Neil could get a shot at the vacant Commonwealth title, but first he has to get over his comeback fight,'' said Breen, who said it took time to convince Warren to back Sinclair.

''It was tough because Frank wasn't convinced that Neil really wanted to fight again, but I have assured him that he has the hunger and he does.

''I'm just delighted that he is getting this comeback fight in the York Hall and it's on television.

''Neil has been out for a while, but I know that once he gets rid of the ring rust he will go on and show that he's still the best in Britain.''

Sinclair pulled out of a fight with Jimmy Vincent in Cardiff saying that was down to ''disillusionment with the sport''.

He said that he became frustrated and the edge seemed to have left him last February.

"Something has made me lose heart," he said at the time.

Now Sinclair is to get the chance to put things right.

Story from BBC SPORT:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Published: 2004/07/04 11:52:09 GMT

© BBC MMIV

new topics

join