It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: HOCKEY: Flyers sign Knuble, Stevenson to 3-year deals

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The Philadelphia Flyers announced Saturday the signings of free-agent right wings Mike Knuble and Turner Stevenson to three-year contracts.

Financial terms of the deals were not disclosed by the team.

"Both are huge players, skate well and play physically," said Flyers general manager Bob Clarke. "Knuble is the better scorer of the two and Stevenson is the more physical. They bring real good size to our forward crew."

The 31-year-old Knuble recorded 21 goals and 25 assists for 46 points in 82 regular-season games for the Boston Bruins in 2003-04. He was third on the team in goals scored and first in plus/minus at plus-19.

In parts of eight NHL seasons with Detroit, the New York Rangers and Boston, Knuble has registered 101 goals and 107 assists for 208 points and 224 penalty minutes in 510 regular-season contests. He was a member of the Red Wings' Stanley Cup championship team in 1998 after being selected by Detroit in the fourth round (76th overall) of the 1991 NHL draft.

The 32-year-old Stevenson had a career-high 14 goals and 13 assists for 27 points and 76 penalty minutes in 61 regular-season games for the New Jersey Devils last season. He was held scoreless by the Flyers in the five games against New Jersey in their 2004 Eastern Conference quarterfinal series.

In 613 career NHL regular-season contests over parts of 12 seasons with Montreal and New Jersey, Stevenson has posted 186 points (74 goals, 112 assists) and 924 penalty minutes. A first-round pick (12th overall) of the Canadiens in the 1990 NHL draft, he played for the Devils' 2003 Stanley Cup championship team.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
These guys are both big, power forward who can provide offense and also play pretty good defense and can deliver a hit.

I cant get too excited about any off-season moves, Flyers or any other team for that matter, until I know there is going to be a season. Last I heard the biz with the CBA isn't good, that both sides are miles apart and it's not looking good. I cant tell you how disappointing it is to possibly not have a hockey season, not to mention the damage the NHL will undoubtedly suffer. I hope they can surprise everyone and pull off some kind of agreement and get the season to start on time. After such an awesome 2003-4 season, I hate to even think of an extended work stoppage this fall.

join