It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Tom Cruise to honor Tillman at ESPYs

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Tom Cruise will introduce a tribute to late football star Pat Tillman during the 12th annual ESPY Awards, which recognize achievement in sports. Tillman left the NFL's Arizona Cardinals to join the Army and was killed in Afghanistan on April 22.

"I am honored to take part in remembering and celebrating the life of Pat Tillman, someone whose courage and integrity I respect and admire," Cruise said in a statement Thursday.

The tribute will be part of the awards ceremony to be taped July 14 at Hollywood's Kodak Theatre. The show, hosted by actor-comedian Jamie Foxx, will air July 18 on ESPN.

During last year's ceremonies, Tillman and his brother, Kevin, were recipients of the Arthur Ashe Courage Award. This year's recipient will be soccer star George Weah, who has worked in his war-torn homeland of Liberia to reintegrate former child soldiers into their communities.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Tom Cruise? What has he ever done but pretend to be at war? I would much rather see Rocky Bleier, he know a thing or two about football and war.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yeah, pretty much anybody else, having Cruisedo it is almost an insult!

new topics

join